Galaxy Stateroom Question

SPARKY123

Hi, I am booked on the Galaxy 4/1/06 Panama Cruise from Galveston. Just went on line and discovered that I have already been assigned a cabin (8253). This cabin is towards the aft section of the ship and the deck is about mid level. Any thoughts on this location?

In the past, I've lucked out and always had a cabin on the main deck and mid-section.

Thanks!

Hi, We were on the Galaxy 04/02/05. Just one year ahead of you. We were up one floor and 17 cabins to the bow ahead of you. (Cabin 9182) I did not feel a lot of movement anywhere on the ship. We had very calm weather and seas. You are in an inside cabin, we had an outside with a balcony.

I think that with movement you may notice it more with our type cabin because you can see the movement. You are inside and I think that you will feel slight movement on good days. Maybe on a bad sea day you will feel the rise and fall. Also, that far aft you may have some "bumps" as the ship rides the heavy waves. Up and down, back and forth.

Then again you may be talking with the wrong poster. I'am a photographer and my specialty is aerial photos. I shoot from small planes and I get bounced around a lot. I love it. I also love roller coasters.

When we cruise I sleep like a baby in the proverbial cradle. (Rock a bye Baby)

Anyway, Sparky, have a good time. Enjoy your trip and have a good time.

The Galaxy is a fine ship. We loved it and will do it again.

Just look at all the Galaxy deck plans in relation to your cabin and figure out what routes you will use to get to your favorite venues. There's really not a bad cabin on the whole X fleet. You'll discover interesting art or photographs as you traverse the ship. Middle of the ship should be pretty smooth sailing. Have fun.

Archived