back to back cruises

gramgill

i am doing a b2b for the first time on the explorer and had a couple of questions about the middle day (in our case a sunday)

what is open on the ship i know shops are shut but what about the pools gym etc.

what about the cafes, restraunts etc

do you have to stay out of you room for a certain time

and finnally what is the customs procedure like?

thanks for any help

A few days before the end of the cruise you should get a notice to tell you the procedure for this. You will pick up your new card and go with others through customs then brought back on board. Breakfast will be as per sceduled for the departing pax (ie only opened for a certain time). The pools may be closed until about 10:30 or so, until all pax have left then they will open and so will the various bars etc. The other thing is that you may be invited to a private lunch with the Captain/Staff Captain in one of the Dining Room so that you do not have to go to the Buffet for lunch for week two. The menu will be limited. Then everything is back open. Oh the last full day of the first cruise go make all of your appointments for the Spa and Sp Ressies for the following week. You can volunteer for the Spa as well, free massage that way.

Gramgill

We just did a B2B in Sept on the Empress. It was nice to sleep in the morning of the first departure, we did not go to breakfast until 8:15, while everyone else had to be out of their rooms by 6:30am. We took our time, went back to the cabin. Our cabin steward told us we need to atleast put all the bathroom stuff away, they still had to come and do a "deep cleaning" of the room. Other than that it was nice not to have to do anything in the cabin. She told us the hallway doors would be shut, but showed us how to open them and said it would be no problem to go in the cabin. We took our books and went up to the pool deck. No bars were open, no restaurants were open. My husband and i were the only two that did the B2B. So i believe if there is a large amount of people staying on, they might do a luncheon, in our case we were on our own. Crew was exceptional. They knew us by the end of the first cruise. Only downside. As Captdata said, they would notify you before the end of the cruise and tell you what to expect. I went to the pursers desk two nights before the end of the cruise and ask what do we do, she said you'll get a notice in your cabin. Next night went down again, said we received nothing, she said it would be there that night. Well we never received anything, in the morning we say the CD staff, asked them. They took our names, said go enjoy the ship they would page us. Never did call us either, we finally came down to the Centrum, and the immigration person was there having problems with some crew members. We identified ourselves, he apologized, took us off the ship, directly to sign in, and back on the ship within minutes. Then we had the ship to ourselves for about 1 hour. It is a very nice experience. We are doing another one next year. Any other questions, just ask.

Lynda

sweetpea:

We did a b2b on Radiance of the Seas in January 04. On the in-between day, we went to visit our nephew and his family who live near Port Everglades. He picked us up at the ship and delivered us back before sailing. There was no problem at all.

Have fun. We found that doing a b2b was a real treat. I'd love to do it again.

We did a B2B on the Voyager earlier this year. We received a notice in our cabin directing us where to meet. We weren't to gather until 10:30 a.m., so after a leisurely breakfast we headed up to pool deck and enjoyed a game of mini-golf - just the two of us! Camera in hand we ventured all over the ship snapping great pics - without the crowds in them. A quick off and on the ship and we were quickly back on board to enjoy laying around the solarium pool, reading our books. Of course, all of this activity - he he - made us hungry. We were famished - and first in line - when the Windjammer opened at 1:00 p.m. A most relaxing day!

Enjoy your B2B cruise.

Sue

Archived