Is It My Computer Or...

dmk

Up to about a month ago, any thread I read would stay hilighted in red for a couple of days. Now I find sometimes, the very next day nothing I've read is hilighted in red.

Is this happening to you? Is it my computer or Cruise Critic? What do you think?

Mine stay red all the time. Since i'm not the best with computers I can't help you out there. Whenever I have totally messed with something that I sould not have, my system has a.....system restore where I can put in a date to go back to. This sets my computer back to where it was before

I messed it up. I'm sure someone out there can help you. good luck.

I think that's a function of the History in your Internet options...

If you recently changed how long you hold on to your history (ie. default is 20 days)... Threads won't stay "red"...

I'd have to play around and see what setting actually controls that in Internet Explorer... as I use Firefox exclusively...

What browser are you using?

A lot of the new spyware prevention programs out there limit the amount of history you keep, as it is a potential spot for infection...

My rule... I keep no history at all... and clear my cache and cookies once a week.

I think that's a function of the History in your Internet options...

If you recently changed how long you hold on to your history (ie. default is 20 days)... Threads won't stay "red"...

Just for the heck of it, I wanted to see if I could make my "red threads" disappear.

Went to the top of the forum, and marked all posts as read. Then went back to my Internet Explorer history and cleared that as well. Came back to the Celebrity forum and all the red is gone...

Archived