Majesty Dining & Excursions

skm

Are there tables for 2 in the main dining rooms? Is it difficult to get one if so? Is there a good time to avoid the crowds in the dining room? Also, we want to take the Tulum tour through the ship because it is an all day excursion. Is it better to wait until on board to book or should we do it now? We leave the first week of Feb. Thanks for any answers. SKM

Yup, there are some tables for two in the main dining rooms, but twice we actually sat at a six person table. It was okay, more room to stretch out! We found that if we reserved a table (I think at 5:30 or 9:00 pm), that we got the two person table. It seemed that reservations were easier to get a table fast; the normal wait time at dinner was about 30-45 minutes. At lunch, it was maybe 5 minutes. There was not much of a wait, if any, for seating at a big table with other people. Plus, you get to meet new friends!

There are tables for two in both of the main dining rooms, although as malcruiser mentioned, you might end up by yourselves at a larger table. Best bet is to get to the smaller dining room by 5:45 or the larger one by 6:00 to get a table for yourselves.

Another option is to make a reservation in the Pasta Cafe. There is no charge, and you will have a table for yourselves. The menus in the Pasta Cafe change nightly, but you can see them in advance by stopping by the reservations desk in the main lobby.

As for the tour, if it's something you really want to do, book it now.

Going on Majesty in February. I keep reading how people love the freestyle dining and will never go anyother way. Now I am reading there is a 30-45 minute wait. That sorta sucks in my opinion. Is this the norm? We did the 8;30 on RCI & sure we will do about the same this time. I know you can get reservations at the pay restaurants but out of principal will not pay 20.00 per person to eat on ship.

One more freestyle question if you make reservations or not, do they wait unitl a table gets full before taking orders?

I was just on the Majest Dec.3-10. My husband and I sat a table for two everytime we ate at a dining room, one time we asked for a table for two and got seated a table for four.

We found that for breakfast and lunch there was never a problem about getting a table for two anytime we went. For dinner though, we found it best to get there as soon as possible. For the Seven Seas Dining room we usually got there at at least 5:15. If we got there at that time we never had any trouble getting a table for two. Four Seasons Dining room did not seem to be near as busy as the other one. I also don't think there are as many tables for two at the Four Season either.

This was our first cruise and we cannot imagine ever going on a cruise that isn't Freestyle!

Archived