Has Kettlebells made it into the gyms?

Snuckles

There are plenty of videos that will show you various exercises where a dumbbell can be used in place of a kettle bell. Some are almost the same, some are modified.

I'd save the $35. You are only gone for a week and on vacation.

And I do go to the gym 3-4 times on a 7/8 day cruise. I just try to get the best possible workout in under 30 minute (incline all the way up, treadmill at 3.3 mph, holding 10-20 lb dumbbells)

Good point Bengalbug. Two things: 1) I travel periodically for my job, so this would be awesome. 2) My job will pay for the contraption. I get X dollars a year to spend on fitness. And we're quickly coming to the end of this year, I believe I still have $ to burn or lose :)

I plan to primary do swings.

I'm actually impressed with the gyms on board. Plenty of free weights, plenty of machines most with an ocean view and the elliptical and treadmills have headphone adapters to watch tv. The free weight area is small (not much room to spread out) but the equipment is up to date. I do yoga and unfortunately there's really no room for that on board (unless you take the class) so I'm the one searching for a quiet spot on a top deck somewhere.