Diving in Grand Cayman

Sandoo

My son is a diver who was looking forward to diving at Grand Cayman. We had planned to pay for the excursion once we got on the ship. That's what we did last Dec. on the Elation with no problems. Today, I went online to view the excursions and found out that there were no two tank dives in Grand Cayman. Carnival informed me that the excursion is booked. My TA never told us to purchase any excursion that we definitely wanted, prior to getting on the ship. So we didn't. We sail on Dec. 25th on the Conquest.

Has anyone booked any dives out of Grand Cayman? If so, we need feedback and/or suggestions.

If your son will be with a buddy, I rec. Eden Roc. He can walk about 2 blocks from the pier, there is a little pub there , the prices are reasonable and you can walk right into the water for a shore dive. There is another one a little further down, Paradise Cove I think it is called. Larger dive shop, more goodies to buy but the diving is just as good and the prices are comparable. If he does not have a buddy with him he may want to look into a boat dive so others are with him. I know Paradise Cove has boats, not sure about Eden Roc.

If there are non-divers in your group, Eden Roc is very snorkel friendly too. Stone steps to walk right down into the water, a sandy area with lounge chairs, tables on the water in the pub...just one of my favorite places in the carribean actually...

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I will pass it on to my son. He will be on his own, no buddies. He is a very mature 18 year old. I just want to make sure that he signs up with a reputable company that is in sync with the cruise ships.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I will pass it on to my son. He will be on his own, no buddies. He is a very mature 18 year old. I just want to make sure that he signs up with a reputable company that is in sync with the cruise ships.
If he is without a buddy, I don't think the shops will rent him gear for a shore dive. However, they will be happy to offer a guided shore dive, It is nice having the guide all to yourself. Or, he can wait at the shop to see if he can buddy up with someone. Personally, I think the guided shore dive is better.

My son and I are set to dive with Neptunes Divers in Grand Caymans. We will pay $80 for two tanks. Nitrox was $10 per tank extra. I heard some good comments about this group.

Scott

Scott we contacted Neptunes for our excusrion and have booked.

Thank you for your help.

Scott we contacted Neptunes for our excusrion and have booked.

Thank you for your help.

You should have a good time. Casey and Keith are nice people. You might want to take a snack from the ship for between the dives. Grab a bunch of oranges from the breakfast buffet, they would be a good snack.

Archived