Who had done both Labadee and Coco Cay?

Dafydd

We are curious about Coco Cay. We have been to Labadee and really enjoyed it, but will be going to CoCo Cay this summer. How are the beaches, how many are there? Is there a secluded beach? What about the scenery? Are there umbrellas or palapas? (huts/ shelters) Do they have a caribbean band playing like in Labadee? How many eating areas are there? Are there multiple places like Labadee? Does anyone have a scanned copy of a map of Coco Cay? If you have been to both Labadee and Coco Cay, can you compare them?

Thanks,

Barb

CoCo Cay was much smaller in size and I only remember one eating area for all. They do have a band playing and some really nice beaches. The family and I walked around most of the area we could and there are areas off to the right and farther back that fewer people walk over to but then the beach there isnt as nice also. It is basically like Laberde in its set up of chairs and such. Small area of locals selling crafts and trinkets. Band playing closer to where you get off at. here is a link to a place that talks about the island http://www.destinationoceans.com/royal_caribbean.asp?pageID=137

these people have some good pics of the island also

http://members.csolutions.net/morrica/cococay.htm

there is a map of the place on the bottom of this last web page I have here.Hope that helps you with info on this place.

If you like to snorkle then it is much better at Coco Cay. We have seen so many different kinds of sea life including lots of rays and too many kinds of fish to identify!

Between the two we like Labadee the best for all round beach day and the view of Hati is wonderful.

Funcruiser

I was just at Labadee for the first time a few days ago. I loved both Labadee and CocoCay, but each has it's strong points. I would agree with the previous poster that Labadee is a nicer place for just a beach day, primarily due to the scenery (CocoCay is flat and sandy). However, the simple MUST DO activity in CocoCay is the snorkeling - it is the best! I would really recommend this excursion, and pack an underwater camera!

Archived