MaxKart

rhcpchika1

• 2 months later...

February 4, 2018

Had to file a complaint through PayPal to receive a $90 refund for services not provided.

---

We reserved a golf cart through MaxKart's online reservation system trusting that this was a reliable company. When we arrived outside the Grand Turk port, no one from MaxKart was there to help us. Instead, a guy from another company handed off Max's cart. The cart was in poor condition and had a 2 inch buldge in the tread of its front right tire; the wear was clearly noticeable but remained available for customer use. Since there was no one on-site who could help us, and because we did not have cell service to call MaxKart direcly, we took our chances....and failed. The tire blew within 15 minutes of use, and we headed back right away. When we returned, the guy who gave us the cart did not have a phone. A lady sitting next to the guy begrudgingly called Max on our behalf (not having a representative present was incredibly frustrating, especially with limited time at port). She explain to him what happened and relayed to us that he was coming with another cart. So, we waited...and waited...about 1 hour. Max never showed. I emailed him twice seeking a refund and sent him a PayPal request for the full amount. He provided no response. After a week of not hearing back, I filed an 'Item Not Received' dispute through PayPal. The claim was later granted in my favor, and PayPal credited me a full refund through garnishment of his account.

This company's code of ethics seems nonexistent or even downright unlawful. Buyer beware...

February 4, 2018

Had to file a complaint through PayPal to receive a $90 refund for services not provided.

---

We reserved a golf cart through MaxKart's online reservation system trusting that this was a reliable company. When we arrived outside the Grand Turk port, no one from MaxKart was there to help us. Instead, a guy from another company handed off Max's cart. The cart was in poor condition and had a 2 inch buldge in the tread of its front right tire; the wear was clearly noticeable but remained available for customer use. Since there was no one on-site who could help us, and because we did not have cell service to call MaxKart direcly, we took our chances....and failed. The tire blew within 15 minutes of use, and we headed back right away. When we returned, the guy who gave us the cart did not have a phone. A lady sitting next to the guy begrudgingly called Max on our behalf (not having a representative present was incredibly frustrating, especially with limited time at port). She explain to him what happened and relayed to us that he was coming with another cart. So, we waited...and waited...about 1 hour. Max never showed. I emailed him twice seeking a refund and sent him a PayPal request for the full amount. He provided no response. After a week of not hearing back, I filed an 'Item Not Received' dispute through PayPal. The claim was later granted in my favor, and PayPal credited me a full refund through garnishment of his account.

This company's code of ethics seems nonexistent or even downright unlawful. Buyer beware...

Good to know! Was considering them...