new to celebrity--short cruise on zenith?

lilli

Hi-we are contemplating taking a 4 night cruise on zenith and I was looking for any advice--we have cruised RCCL and disney multiple time. Is the concierge class worth a bit more money with the ocean view rooms? What are the dining options other than the dining room at night? It will be just me and my husband--no kids--woohoo! thanks for any info! lilli

Great ship....but 4 days?? That'll go by fast...

Unless there are differences on a short cruises, there is alternate dining in the buffet...I think you need a reservation, we never used it but I heard it was a nice option...but 4 days :eek: !!

(...actually I think an experienced cruiser, like you, taking a 4 day is fine. I think it's a poor choice for a first cruise UNLESS it's a short drive to the peir)

we just want to go somewhere warm and don't want to leave the kids for too long with our very kind parents! also, thought it might be a good way to try a different line. anyone else that can tell me what alternatives there are to the dining room at night? thanks, lilli

...anyone else that can tell me what alternatives there are to the dining room at night? thanks, lilli

Outside of room service...I think you'll find that's it. Zenith is an outstanding ship, but she is not a floating mall with 6 restaurants...IMHO as it should be.

I'm on a Zenith 4 nighter 2/2 (but also staying B2B with following 5 nighter). Read a few of the reviews recently posted on the board.

There is dining by reservation in the buffet every night from about 6-9. Casual dress. Should be sushi available those same hours. After that I think there might still be pizza in the rear of the buffet until 1 am. And of course there is always round the clock room service.

Personally I don't think the CC rooms are worth it, but I always sail inside so what do I know.

WE are just back from the 12/8 sailing. It was great. The service was wonderful - everyone from the cabin steward to the dining room staff (waiter, assistant, wine steward) was just wonderful.

we only ate at the buffet during lunch, but it was very good, with many choices. We did eat at the sushi bar one night (for a little snack!) and it was excellent, as well - not as many choices as your local restaurant, but a good amount.

Hope this helps.

If you haven't been on the Zenith you are indeed missing something. CC on this ship doesn't get you anything much room wise as they are ALL almost all the same on the Zenith. Think inside and/or outside and book your best price is the way I would go at it.

thanks for the info--we are looking forward to just some time with the two of us and not sure if we want to do the dining room, etc. It looks like a nice ship--we have been on the huge RCCL ships and the medium RCCL and prefer the smaller ones so I think we would like this!

Lilli, you can order dinner or lunch from the main dining room's menu thru your steward, during dining room hours only, that is, so you don't have to "slum" if you don't go to the restaurant. In other words you are not limited to the room service menu while a meal is being served in the dining room.

lili - we requested a table for two on the Zenith this past spring...like you, we were looking for some quiet time for just the two of us and it was lovely. We even had one couple ask us if we were on our honeymoon.....and this after 14 years of marriage! Fun! It's a small ship, but nice and relaxing.

Was on the 12/3 Zenith cruise in concierge class. Got lucky and didn't have to pay for it, we got upgraded, probably because we booked way in advance. It sounds like your concerned about the view, so just a heads-up. On the 10th deck (concierge class) the lifeboats are just under the windows in most of the cabins. Fine when your looking into the horizon but if you look down out the window all you see is lifeboat. Those cabins way forward or aft do not have a lifeboat under them, look at deck plans. Wasn't a problem for use, we were in 1084 (aft). Nice location because 10th deck has a sun deck aft and only one deck up to grill/pool. Here's what you get extra for concierge class-

Priorty boarding, our cabin was ready at 11a. Bottle of champagne. Flowers on your dresser. Fruit basket, we had ours removed to save space. Hors d'oeuvres in afternoon, not very good, afternoon tea one deck up much better. Special shopping bag was delivered second to last day which is real nice. There's a mini bar inside a small refrigerator, nice if you want to bring your own sodas or drinks. Have room attendant unlock it for you if you want to use. Three different types of pillows. Priority tender boarding, you can get on the next one whenever your ready to go. Priority disembarkment, nice we were the first ones off the ship. Nothing special about our cabin steward or service, he was excellent but the same can be said for all the cruises I've been on. One disappointing thing, there is no clock in the cabin and I forgot my travel clock. When I asked for one, I was told to buy one in the gift shop and they didn't have any. Think that's a pretty simple request.

Whether concierge class is worth the extra money is how much extra it's going to cost you. We enjoyed the cruise, the entertainment was excellent, especially for such a small ship. It is well worn and shows it's age but kept very clean. The staff was friendlier than any other cruise I've been on. Hope you have a great time!

thanks for the info--we are looking forward to just some time with the two of us and not sure if we want to do the dining room, etc. It looks like a nice ship--we have been on the huge RCCL ships and the medium RCCL and prefer the smaller ones so I think we would like this!

Lilli my last cruise was on Mariner of the Seas-3600 passengers and now I am going on Zenith-1200 passengers. I think I will love it. I felt the Mariner was WAY too many people-the ship was beautiful but I have a feeling I am going to be alot happier on the Zenith.

No mega ships for me-you won't see me going on that Freedom of the Seas for sure. If I cruise RCCL again it will probally be on good ole Sovereign.

Archived