Regal R226

CDay

R226 doesn't show as accommodating more than 2 people, when I check the Deck Plan.

Sorry, you are incorrect. R226 on the Regal can hold up to 4.

No one has any info about the sideways cabins on the Riviera deck? :confused:

Chances are that the bunks will come out from the wall, not the ceiling. These can be a hazard as they are easy to bump into and take up about 6” of wall space each.

I’ve had a sideways cabin but for just two and I’ve booked the same one again for two cruises in 2019. They are a great layout with more space. They’re great. Only negative is the lack of privacy if one person opens the cabin door and the other is still in bed or not fully clothed.

Here’s a composite of photos of my sideways cabin on the Royal.

0e25a9a0aa7091de14c6d9f4656f6435.jpg

Sorry, you are incorrect. R226 on the Regal can hold up to 4.

No one has any info about the sideways cabins on the Riviera deck? :confused:

Well, that is strange. I agree the Booking software allows for 4, but the Deck Plans on the Princess website show a maximum of 2.

We recently passed on a Guarantee booking on a similar Royal sideways because of the intrusion of the wall mounted bunks.

Thanks everyone for your responses and thanks Pam for the pictures. I dug out my cruise Atlas and it shows only R232 & R233 can hold 4 people, in that particular sideways grouping. Phew... happy cruiser here! :)

Thanks everyone for your responses and thanks Pam for the pictures. I dug out my cruise Atlas and it shows only R232 & R233 can hold 4 people, in that particular sideways grouping. Phew... happy cruiser here! :)

You are right about what is shown in the Cruise Atlas, but that's another anomaly. The online Deck Plan show only R207 and R208 as accommodating 4 people.

I wonder what happen if a group of 4 reserve one of those incorrectly designated cabins.