Early Saver Price Adjustment

silverbutterfly

I have tried calling and emailing my assigned PVP for a few days now and no response. I am assuming he has a few days off. :) I just tried calling Carnival to speak to another agent and he could not answer any of my questions and seemed confused. Hoping you experts can explain. We are currently booked with Early Saver, 2 interior cabins on midship deck 4. With the onboard credit sale, we can save $100 and earn an additional $100 in OBC. I know, I'll have to pay the difference in deposit but if I switch to the onboard credit sale, does that mean I'll lose the early saver perks? (like being able to get a price drop up until sail date).

I don't want to do the Early Saver sale because I would probably lose our deck 4 and the agent I just spoke with said the only cabins they have left near each other are deck 1, all the way in the back (not an ideal location for us).

Thanks for any clarification you can give me.

You will never lose your ES status when price matching unless you price match to a guarantee rate which based upon what you said at the ends sounds like what the new sale is. So if that's the case, you can only get a price drop once and you will be put into the guarantee pool losing your assigned cabins.

By guarantee rate, do you mean where they wait to assign you cabins until closer to the sail date? Because I believe it is just an onboard credit sale and it allows me to choose my cabins when I do a mock booking online.

You will never lose your ES status when price matching unless you price match to a guarantee rate which based upon what you said at the ends sounds like what the new sale is. So if that's the case, you can only get a price drop once and you will be put into the guarantee pool losing your assigned cabins.

By guarantee rate, do you mean where they wait to assign you cabins until closer to the sail date? Because I believe it is just an onboard credit sale and it allows me to choose my cabins when I do a mock booking online.

Yes. So if you can choose your cabin, then you will retain your ES status.