Cruise Momentos

SS Cruise Lady

Many years ago the cruise lines use to give you a momento of your trip...scarves, spoons, menus, etc. My most treasured freebee is a beer stein from the old transatlantic liner Bremen with the North German Lloyd logo. I've also got the passenger list from that trip as well as the drink list from the bar with prices you wouldn't believe.

We quit doing the I got it in St.Lucia (made in China) tee shirt thing long ago...we now seek out prints from local artists, we have them framed and the hang all over our house...at a glance I remember where each one was bought.

We always try to buy a Christmas tree ornament from each new place we visit. Then each year when we decorate our tree we rreminise about all of the great places we have visited.

But I really like the idea about the charm bracelet too.

We always just try to buy what the island features as their primo item.Irish wool or cashmere in Bermuda,spices in Grenada,liquor in St Thomas,coral on the Caymans,gange in Jamaica...only kidding of course.

We always just try to buy what the island features as their primo item.Irish wool or cashmere in Bermuda,spices in Grenada,liquor in St Thomas,coral on the Caymans,gange in Jamaica...only kidding of course.
I don't suppose a person should ask about Panama?:eek:

We quit doing the I got it in St.Lucia (made in China) tee shirt thing long ago...we now seek out prints from local artists, we have them framed and the hang all over our house...at a glance I remember where each one was bought.

You have to stop by "The Yoda guy"

I think his name is Nick Malley. Port lecturer on AOS mentioned it on our last cruise. seems he was the guy who conceived Yoda. Now it's digitized so he retired with megabucks and paints beautiful caribbean watercolors and will autograph them for you - very inexpensive. His shop is in a side street in Philipsburg across from a decadent candy shop. Interesting Star Wars stuff too

Archived