Princess Air To London

shamrock47

Sailing from Southampton in August on the Golden Princess. Have so far booked all through Princess as I continue to search for better or less expensive alternative. So far princess air, transfers and Millenium Mayfair hotel. Great hotel and location it seems, but very pricey. Airfare through Princess is as good as i can find so far, but I do not know how direct the flight will be. We are planning two nights in London pre cruise. The transfers are $76 per person each way. My question is: can i find any better arrangements for this trip? If i do pre cruise stay on my own, a $75 per person trip deviation fee applies. Their hotel price does include transfer to hotel and then ship. That transfer and deviation charge builds in $300 for the 2 of us. I am sure someone out there can sort through all of this and offer advice.

thanks,

Colleen

Sailing from Southampton in August on the Golden Princess. Have so far booked all through Princess as I continue to search for better or less expensive alternative. So far princess air, transfers and Millenium Mayfair hotel. Great hotel and location it seems, but very pricey. Airfare through Princess is as good as i can find so far, but I do not know how direct the flight will be. We are planning two nights in London pre cruise. The transfers are $76 per person each way. My question is: can i find any better arrangements for this trip? If i do pre cruise stay on my own, a $75 per person trip deviation fee applies. Their hotel price does include transfer to hotel and then ship. That transfer and deviation charge builds in $300 for the 2 of us. I am sure someone out there can sort through all of this and offer advice.

thanks,

Colleen

First off, to provide help we need EXACT dates you want to fly. Where do you need to fly from-Memphis, Chattanooga, etc? Would you be willing to change airlines to get better prices, flight times, etc? What time does the ship leave Southampton?

I don't understand your statement about $75.00pp trip deviation fee. Is this a cruise with "free" air or some type of package deal? Only if you ask for and receive flights of YOUR choosing would you incur a deviation fee. And extra airfare, if it is different than the cruiseline provided air price. It is my understanding that you will not incur the deviation fee if you book the cruiseline pre-cruise package. More information please.

Planning to leave Nashville 8/17/06 to Sail 8/20/06. Not sure of sailing time.

Have booked Princess air/transfers/hotel pre stay for 2 nights. if i choose to continue with Princess air but my own hotel, I/we would have to pay $75 pp deviation fee. I am not sure if the transfers would apply if we booked our own hotel. thanks.

I think if you use Princess Air but your own hotels, then the transfer is from the airport to the port, not from the hotel to the port. I agree, Princess really is expensive on the hotel portion--like double what you could get on your own because they charge for each person in the hotel room. You have to decide whether it is worth it for you to not have to worry about anything. For us, it often is worth it, especially in a European destination.

Planning to leave Nashville 8/17/06 to Sail 8/20/06. Not sure of sailing time.

Have booked Princess air/transfers/hotel pre stay for 2 nights. if i choose to continue with Princess air but my own hotel, I/we would have to pay $75 pp deviation fee. I am not sure if the transfers would apply if we booked our own hotel. thanks.

Do you REALLY want to stay at the Mayfair Millenium? Very nice hotel, but there are others not quite as 5* reputation wise, in better locations at half the price. What kind of price is your package? I am guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of $3300.00 for air RT from Nashville, 2 nights Mayfair hotel, transport from the airport to the hotel, and transport from the hotel to the cruise port. Tranport will probably be in the form of a shuttle or bus into town and definitely a bus to the cruise port.

You should be able to buy the Princess transfers separately to the cruise port from the airport (probably LHR) with NO problem. That would only entail getting a taxi, shuttle, or train to and from the airport to a hotel and return to the airport on your own. VERY easy to do and remember, you are NOT really in a foreign country.

I love the Royal Horseguards. Very good hotel, close enough to walk to most everything, except Buckingham Palace. Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, London Eye, 10 Downing St., Trafalgar Square are all within a few blocks. The Royal Horseguards faces the Thames. We always book a room on the river side. Small little french balconies. And the price is generally in the $200-225.00 per night area. Breakfast is very good at the hotel and lots of times there are specials which include breakfast.

How do you want to do this trip? Put up with some hassle and save a LOT of money in transport fees? I am thinking of the train into Paddington Station. Or spend a little more and take a taxi or shuttle. Or go first class and take a limo. There are so many variables. The real question is-What kind of trip do YOU want??? And how much would you like to save, given the kind of trip you want, over your Princess package?

Thanks greatam for your input. We really do not have a package, per se.

The four items cruise/air/transfers/hotel are really independent items, but if one does the hotel, that part of the transfer is included. I have it booked, but will keep my eyes open for all the parts mentioned above. I will consider your hotel recommendation. Thanks again.

Rick

Archived