Cabo Resort Day use

drunkalot

How much does it cost to use facilities, pool, bar etc for a day. How do you arrange it with the Hotel. We would like access to a beach for fun and watersports and also be able to chill out in a pool.

Greg

• 3 weeks later...
good question, we would like to decide what to do in Cabo as well.

Is the beach in front of the office (bar & restaurant) the best place to go (that is reasonably close) or is there something better?

We were thinking of glass bottom boat to land's end and lovers beach. Should we spend time there? I heard that it is rough water and difficult to get in and out of boat (problemo w/ our young kids).

Thanks for any advice.

Interesting thing about these boards is that you sometimes have to answer your own questions...
So we took our cruise last week and now can post an answer to my question (and yours)
We had a great time at the Hotel Finestera (sp) in Cabo. Just walk up the hill as you get off the boat (stay to the left of town or ask) walk right into the pool with your towel, grab a lounge at one of the three really cool pools and hang out. Beach access is on the Pacific (west) side of cabo. We told the waiter we were off the ship and were just hanging there and eatig and drinking and no problem at all. Glad to have us and our money.
Very memorable and relaxing. Have a great cruise
Greg

• 3 weeks later...
When we were in Cabo, we took a water taxi to Pueblo Bonito Blanco. He dropped us off right on the beach, we walked up the beach and right into the pool area. We were meeting friends, but no one gave us a second glance. We had lunch, swam in the pool, it was very nice and relaxing.

After we picked up our own glass bottom boat tour, we went to the same resort as momo . Pueblo Bonito Blanco had a nice beach (roped off so vendors didn't harass the guests), great staff (treated us like royalty), they hooked us up with a cabana and an extra umbrella, a bunch of chairs, etc. You could tell they really wanted us to hang out. We had a great lunch (try the shrimp tocos) and drinks.

• 2 weeks later...
morriscats,

sorry I didn't see your question until just now.

The Pueblo Bonito Blanco is about 5 minutes by regular taxi (car/van) and about 10 minutes by water taxi. The water taxi is definitely the way to go since it is more scenic and interesting. see my cruise review post for more details: [url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=52817[/url]

here is a little bit of my post, with more details on Cabo and Pueblo Bonito Blanco (by the way, I dont know if this is the best resort to go to, but I can tell you that it is very very nice, has a beautiful beach and the staff and service was outstanding!!!)

Have the water taxi take you on the quick tour first ... by Lover's beach, the arch, window to the pacific (very neat natural formation where waves from the Pacific come rushing through a small opening in the rock through to the Sea of Cortez side) and around Land's End to the Pacific side. (This is just like the tour they sell you on the ship - but this is better since you do it on your own time and it drops you off wherever you want)

After the tour, we had the boat drop us off at the beach at Pueblo Bonito Blanco resort, just up from the Office (the Office is a fun beach restaurant/bar). They hotel bar servers on the beach absolutely hooked us up! After telling them we would like to spend some time on their beach and have some drinks and lunch, they rushed to get us a cabana, an extra umbrella and a bunch of lounge chairs. This resort and area of that beach is good because there is a rope where the vendors aren't allowed to pass which gives you more peace without bing harassed by the vendors.

You dont have to act like your a guest at the hotel. Just tell them you would like to have a drink and lunch (maybe slide in tsomething that your from the cruise - they probably like the sound of that - since it means a higher likelihood of tips). They will treat you like royalty!

Have fun. Let me know if you have any other questions.

• 3 weeks later...
I too have questions about the water taxis...

How much do they charge to take you on a tour, then drop off on one of the hotel beaches?

Is the price per person?

How many people do they hold? If you are just a party of 2, do they take on more passengers?

When the water taxi drops you off on the beach at the hotel do you have to jump off the boat into the water, or do they drop you on the beach?

Thanks
Kathy

Archived