Norwegian Travel affidavit Help Please

marcyjane

.myFormStyle{ width:900px; margin:auto; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; background-color: #FFFFFF; border:1px solid black; } div.TextCenterAlign { text-align: center; }

NCLsmallLogo

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE TRAVEL AFFIDAVIT

I understand that the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the U.S. Department of the Treasury ("OFAC") administers and enforces the Cuban Assets Control Regulations ("CACR"). I further understand that the CACR prohibits U.S. persons from engaging in travel transactions and from traveling to Cuba, unless they quality for a general license. I have reviewed the CACR and/or OFAC's guidance on the travel restrictions.

I, the undersigned, declare and certify that (a) I am subject to U.S. jurisdiction and (b) I qualify for a general license, as marked below. I further confirm that as a licensed traveler, I am obligated to retain all records relating to my travel to Cuba for a period of five years.

I SELECT THE GENERAL LICENSE THAT AUTHORIZES MY TRAVEL:

515.561 Family Visit 515.562 Official business of U.S. or foreign Government, or intergovernmental organization 515.563 Journalistic activities 515.564 Professional research or meetings 515.565(a) Educational activities - for credit or in connection with degree 515.565(b) Educational exchanges - individual people-to-people 515.565(b) Educational exchanges – group people-to-people through Norwegian or other organization 515.566 Religious activities 515.567(a) Amateur or semi-professional international sports federation competitions 515.567(b) Public performance, clinics, workshops, other competitions, and/or exhibitions 515.574 Support for the Cuban people 515.575 Humanitarian projects 515.576 Activities of private foundations or research/educational institutes 515.545(b)(1) Activities related to the exportation or importation of informational materials 515.565(b)(2) Activities in connection with the temporary sojourn of aircraft/vessels 515.533(d)(1) Activities related to Department of Commerce licensed or authorized exports 515.533(d)(2) Activities related to professional media & artistic productions 515.559(d) Activities related to the exportation of DOC-authorized medicines & medical supplies 515.570 Returning Cuban nationals OR I will not disembark the vessel while in Cuba to participate in any of the above referenced activities during this sailing

I solemnly affirm under penalty of perjury that to the best of my knowledge, the foregoing is true and accurate.

Please note that pursuant to changes in U.S. law certain direct financial transactions (i.e., credit card or cash) with restricted entities designated by the U.S. Government appearing on the Cuba Restricted List found at https://www.state.gov/e/eb/tfs/spi/cuba/cubarestrictedlist/275331.htm are prohibited. We recommend that you review this website to familiarize yourself with these restrictions.

* By checking this box and typing my name below, I am electronically signing my application.

*Signature of Traveler

*Name of Traveler

*Norwegian Booking #

*Telephone Number

*Address Line 1:

Address Line 2:

*City:

*State/Province:

*Zip: *Please save or print a copy of this document for your records

which one of these do I select? We are going April 16, 2018 and will be booking a excursion with Norwegian and would like to do one with a private tour company. Thanks need to know ASAP so we can get them booked.

Thanks you so we would be covered if we took a private tour in Cuba

The requirement to tour Cuba as a US resident hasn't changed, only access. You must either be there for direct commercial purpose, humanitarian purpose, or educational purpose. As long as you private tour takes in something of cultural significance you are actually covered. Which can be anything from architecture, to plays, to museums, to, well, anything where you learn something about the Cuban culture.

We used to go there years ago for humanitarian purposes, we took a few cases of bandages and medicines to give to the various centers and it covered all the bases for legality, and then stayed a couple days to enjoy Cuba.

I will point out that the locals will like you better if you say you are from Europe instead of the US. Not officials mind you, don't lie to them.