Flight times for return home...cutting it short?

soon2bretired

Cruise coming into Miami....flying out of Ft Lauderdale...is 11:10 flight too early or cutting it too short? I want to allow time for security but have never flown out of FLL (mostly MCO), so wasn't sure if we'd get off the boat in time, get our transportation (probably towncar) and get to airport in time for 11:10 flight to Pit. I am about to book a decent price air if this will work but will keep looking if it won't. HELP? thanks!

If you check the website and brochures, Carnival suggests NO outbound flights earlier than 1pm. You might be able to make that 12:30 flight, but just be aware that from Miami debarkation you still have to get to Ft.L.

whew-- at 11am flight out of FLL when your cruise is out of Miami is pure crazy.

Do self embarkartion-- carry off yourluggage yourself. have a car service waiting for you- do NOT take a taxi or the cruiselines shuttle. If the ship docks on time and clears ina timely fashion you can make that flight- BUT

you just had a great vacation. very relaxing--why waste it all with stressing of catching a flight home.

Get the 12:30 one at least.

We just got back 12/18 from Valor. Our flight out of Miami was at 12:55 and we had no time to spare (10 min before boarding started). We had early tags and used Carnival transfers. This is the third time we had a close to 1:00 flight and have NEVER had much extra time.

Sounds good...got the 12:20 flight out of Miami. I think we'll be ok. I agree about having a towncar service ready and waiting to pick us up, less stress. So which towncar would be the least expensive, from the port in Miami to Miami airport?

are you going from the miami pier to the miami airport?? Hmm sorry-- i thught you were going to the pier in miami to the fort lauderdale airport.

(catch a cab its only a few minutes away.) now if you are flying out of FLL that s a differnt story entirely Now im confused.

Archived