Bannister Island vs. Goff's Caye

momofzeke

Trying to decide between these two. Is Bannister Island the Carnival Private Island Beach Break location? I love to snorkel, but my family doesn't really care that much about it. I read on the board that Goff's Caye is better for snorkeling, but what else can you do there? How's the food at both places? Can you parasail at Bannister Island? Please give me any feedback you can from these two locations. Thanks!

We did the snorkeling tour on Goff's Caye last week and it was GREAT ! This is a tiny, tiny island ( I think they said it's a little over an acre in size ), but had wonderful snorkeling ! Don't let the snorkle boat guide talk you into staying on the boat and heading out to the reef. Stay on the island and snorkle from there, it is MUCH better. People who chose to stay on the boat were disappointed, but those of us who snorkeled direct from the island saw lots of fish and coral. Not much else to do, but sunbathe. They did have T-Shirts, jewelry for sale and also food and drinks. No lounge chairs, so bring towels to lay on. It's pretty primitive, but was very fun !

We went in August and we snorkeled off the boat for awhile. Had a blast! The current can get a little rough if you are not a strong swimmer. If you just swim off the island, make sure you have water shoes on as it can be a little rocky.

The BBQ chicken is great on Goff's Cay.

Photocruiser

• 1 month later...

Our family is planning to be there on the Grand Princess in March. We booked the Goff's Cay Snorkeling & Beach. Did any of you cruise Princess, and if yes, did the tour pick you up at the ship?

As we are traveling with kids I have to ask...are there restrooms on the island?

Thanks!

Our family is planning to be there on the Grand Princess in March. We booked the Goff's Cay Snorkeling & Beach. Did any of you cruise Princess, and if yes, did the tour pick you up at the ship?

As we are traveling with kids I have to ask...are there restrooms on the island?

Thanks!

Have not done this tour through princess so not sure if they take you straight from the ship or not......but yes there is a yellow biffy on the island of goff's Caye....here is a photo of it on the dock.

11494_78150_8538344_1135921013md20e47368d8661b17b6096419e3abb5b2.jpg

Here is a picture of the water:

11353_78150_8538217_1135920598md2dfae0e8c003bce735231dd96ff45c84.jpg

Here is the island in the background behind my friends during our snorkel:

17326_78150_8773600_1136448868md245227ec3d6b2a3cd9458bb7ea748655.jpg

And this is the palapa that sells BBQ lunch for $5:

11347_78150_8538210_1135920582md157f5d8d9e934ec922f433c63b9e3b07.jpg

11297_78150_8538165_1135920493md0f00fbcb5b41a12164e9c2d3bc8ce519.jpg

Trying to decide between these two. Is Bannister Island the Carnival Private Island Beach Break location? I love to snorkel, but my family doesn't really care that much about it. I read on the board that Goff's Caye is better for snorkeling, but what else can you do there? How's the food at both places? Can you parasail at Bannister Island? Please give me any feedback you can from these two locations. Thanks!

Bannister Island is the private island and there is no snorkeling there - at least you won't see anything. Swimming is only allowed in a limtied area.

No parasailing when I was there.

I was not impressed with Bannister Caye. It is pretty but the swimming is not very good - spongy bottom and the snorkeling is non-existant. (When you go there as part of a snorkeling tour, they take you out to the open reef first, then to the island).

We sailed the Glory last April and did Goff's Caye. It is very small but fun. Snorkeling was pretty good but not like in Cozumel (in our opinion). The boat picked us right at the ship and then off to Goff's Caye. There are a couple of picnic tables but tables with umbrellas are for rent. There were some locals selling food. My DH purchased a chicken shiskabob and it was excellent. I haven't been to Bannister Island but it appears larger and more things to do. I don't believe B annister has been an excursion for very long.

Archived