Anybody know of cheapest way to Galveston from IAH/HOBBY?

Warm-Water Diver

How many persons?

We used Mr. L. J. from Texas Cruise Ship Shuttle to pick us up and take us to Hobby for our return flight. WOW!! He is wonderful!! $125.00 for a van ( 9 persons) and uhaul to haul all our luggage. I highly recommend him. He entertained us the whole way to Hobby!!

L. J. Cormier

Texas Cruise Ship Shuttle

Houston, Texas

281 443 4430

we need transfers in april for 2 people from IAH to Galveston (Harbor House to spend the night)... so far seems renting a car is our cheapest way to get there (about 78.00). I think that is the only draw back to going out of this port is the fee to get from airport to ship.

• 2 weeks later...
How many persons?

We used Mr. L. J. from Texas Cruise Ship Shuttle to pick us up and take us to Hobby for our return flight. WOW!! He is wonderful!! $125.00 for a van ( 9 persons) and uhaul to haul all our luggage. I highly recommend him. He entertained us the whole way to Hobby!!

L. J. Cormier

Texas Cruise Ship Shuttle

Houston, Texas

281 443 4430

Thanks! I just spoke to him and got a great quote to be picked up at our home about 23 miles from the dock. His email is info@cruiseshipshuttle.com.

We just got back from a cruise out of Galveston. DO NOT take Galveston Limo! I had confirmed reservation with them- they never showed.:mad: I called 2 times to find out where the limo was. 1st time they said they had van troubles- be there in 45 minutes (This is after a no show at the 2:00 PM pick up- we waited 40 minutes before calling.) They never showed after an hour. So I called again. They said 7-8 minutes we will be there. 1/2 hour went by no show. We were at the coorect pick up site at 12:15 we waited until 5PM. We saw the limo buzz by on the raod and we waved to show them we were there. NEVER stopped.:mad: My TA and I have called and emailed. They said so sorry for the inconvenience. No explanation as to why the drivers never stopped. Even after we called to say we were at the correct pick up zone! We had a confirmed reservation. We ended up taking a cab costing us $154! We ended up getting into Galveston well after 7PM. There are more reliabel companies. You can take a REAL limo for $120. The cabbie was kind to us- but for $154 he should have been;)

On the upside- if you get to Galveston stay at the Hotel Galvez. They are awesome:D Stay there they will trat you right plus get you to your ship.

• 4 weeks later...
3/4 passengers to Galverston from Bush $100 plus tip

Limo 1-4 is $110

Hobby is $75 sedan $90 for an SUV:cool:

Cheap enuff??!?!? When you going?

Do you think a party of 4 with all our luggage (I'm sure the two guys will pack in a duffle bag, but us girls have shoes!) can fit into a sedan, or do you think we'd be better off getting a SUV?

Thanks!

~K

Do you think a party of 4 with all our luggage (I'm sure the two guys will pack in a duffle bag, but us girls have shoes!) can fit into a sedan, or do you think we'd be better off getting a SUV?

Thanks!

~K

Well I have an SUV, a Buick Rendezvous, and there are going to be 4 of us and we decided we wouldn't have room. In your case you would have 5 people in the car with a driver, so I would say that unless you are VERY light packers, your luggage won't fit in the trunk of a sedan.

We returned last month from a cruise out of Galveston. My advice would be to do a lot of research. There are numerous threads with advice and warnings - look back through the threads. I do have a post with a warning down farther on this page. After returning home and doing some research because of our experience, I decided that I would have preferred just renting a mini-van, it would have been way less expensive. The Enterprise website has good prices and one-ways from the airport to the terminal. We could have had transportation the evening before our cruise and the day we returned, as we had a late flight that evening.

Archived