Campo Rico ATV Adventure - San Juan

bjs188

We did this shore excursion on Jan. 18, 2018. We booked a couple days ahead of time on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas. We met at 6:45 am in the Opal Theater and waited for the ship to clear customs in San Juan. Once we were given the go ahead, we left the ship and headed to the pier. There we located our tour guide by looking for her sign. There we got checked in and got the waivers signed. It was a bit disorganized but didn't take to long. From there we boarded the bus to the farm. It was a 45 to 60 minute ride. The bus driver was very friendly and did a good job of pointing out places of interest, hurricane damage and how locals we dealing with it.

Once on the farm, we headed up to the Mojito bar where they explain the process and took an imprint of our credit card in case of damage to the ATV. There is a small store there selling supplies and souvenirs. They highly recommend that you buy shoe covers if you have nice clean shoes. Also have scarfs to cover your mouth and nose.

After that process, we headed down to the ATVs where they showed us how to operate them and then broke us into groups of six, each with a leader. Everyone is required to wear a helmet. We did a couple of laps near by then headed out to the trails. It rained the day before making for a very fun sloppy mess. We rode for nearly two hours with a couple of stops. There were quite a few different trails types, bumpy, sloppy, grassy, etc. We passed both all kinds of animals both domestic and wild.

Once we got back, they had towels for us to clean up with. If you had no damage, they gave you back the credit card imprint slip.

The staff is very friendly and did a good job explaining everything. We rode the same bus back. Again the bus driver was friendly and entertaining. He got us back in plenty of time to met the ship before its early departure.

Somethings to remember, Driver license needed. Minimum age is 16 years. Maximum weight is 400 lbs. Credit card is required. Everyone rides single. Closed-toe shoes required and I recommend old shoes or shoe covers. You will get dirty.

I highly recommend this tour.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks I am going on oasis on the 22nd and was curious about this tour. As far as damage do they do any sort of walk around the atv

To note any previous damage or anything like that I’d hate to get back after the trip and be accused of damaging something that was already damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Yes booked thru RCCL it literally is a scare tactic to prevent people from abusing the machines and trying to slow down from the group to try and do wide open runs to “catch up”. The scenery was to die for. The stables and horses were beautiful. I could not reccomend this place more. Our guide Gustavo was awesome. It does pretty much take up your whole day in San Juan though. It’s about a 40 min ride there (40 mins back as well) another 15-20 to get started and then you got 90 mins of riding and 30 mins to cool off and relax at their little bar. By the time you get back to San Juan it’s around 1230-1pm and our departure time was 2pm so all aboard by 130. I’d also reccomend stocking up on little snacks if you want at the Walgreens right across from the boat dock before you get back on board.