MSC Seaside -- Kids Club -- Is there some type of parent paging system?

Oaktowngirl

Is there some type of parent paging system that the MSC Seaside Kids Club uses in case a child becomes sick, unruly, bored, etc. and the staff needs to get ahold of the parents ??

Unfortunately the telephone MSC rep could not answer that question.

Our boys are 8 and 10. There was no communication system. When we dropped them off the staff never asked where we would be. This is on the 1/20 sailing.

How old are our children? It may be different for the younger group

Aa a little side note related to comunication: we had whatsap to chat through the ship' s wifi. The 2nd evening I dropped them off at the kids club and I asked my boy to text me when they were done with an activity and we would pick them up to see the show, I had this conversation right in front of the staff that was at the front desk and there is no doubt she heard what i was saying. When my son tried to text me, he said they said he couldn't text and to put the phone away. I get that, but why she just didn't tell me thay it wasn't allowed in the 1st place, I don't know.

I am hesitant to give my opinion because I know if I do it is going to sound more harsh then I intend too. My boys enjoyed the time they spent there, but it was much less time then we had expected.

We were on the NCl Getaway last march and the kids cub was one of the highlights, both for my kids and for my wife and I as it alowed us some free time in the evenings.

Compared to NCL, the kids club is not as well developed. It is more a series of activities then an engaging themed evening. It seemed to me that it would be better for younger children.

look at the activities post #68 here https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2570575&page=4

to get an idea.

It was slightly different schedule, but pretty similar.

I could go on about this, but maybe I should just leave it by saying it was o.k., but it wasn't a highlight of our trip.