San Juan Excursions with Kids

cljenkins07

We are on a Royal Caribbean with an excursion to San Juan. We have a 2 year old and 7 year old. I was considering doing the Pirate Treasure Hunt Family Tour, I didn't know if it was any fun.

It's so limited what you can do with toddlers. We won't have a car seat so that might make it extra limited. Any advice? Thanks in advance!!

I'm interested as well! We're thinking of sailing on the Allure in August, and this is the one port that I'm unsure on what to do with my 8 year old daughter. I've only been here once before, which was about 10 years ago, and we explored the fort and a little bit of the town, but that was about it.

Have an 8 year old and will be there in April. After doing some research we plan to do the same. Just explore forts and City on our own. With the trolley system it seems simple. Really excited for this stop and all the culture it has to offer!

I'd recommend the fort and playing on the fort lawn, then enjoying some street vendor foods (snow cones, etc). Take a small cheap kite for flying on the lawn and plenty of small bills for fun snacks!

If the rainforest tours reopen, we plan to take our 5 year old twins to La Mina waterfall with a private tour guide. It will be a great learning experience for them. If not, we will be flying kites and touring the fort!