Wacky Celebrity Website

zamgwar

Greetings fans of the waves,

Well, I have certainly noticed by back reading over the last few months, that I can't necessarily blame my confusion of celebrity's web site on my enjoyment of Gin based drinks.

It took me awhile, but with your help and past posts, I was able to finally book my shore excursions.

Then I breezed through on-line pre-boarding. Then I set up "She who must be obeyed" & My own on board expense account.

Then I even printed my X-pass.

That was then. Yesterday, I happened to drop by my pre-boarding info, and it now says "She who must be obeyed" hadn't completed an onboard expense account.

And yet I have her X-Pass, which showed she has. Well I refilled out her info, and printed (as the site requested) a new x-pass.

It's a Wacky site n'est-pas?

That being said, may I wish of you a belated Rockin Rhamadon, a Super Solstice, a Crazy Kwanzaa, a Joyous Chanukah, a Merry Christmas, and a wonderful, warm, happy and healthy New Year.

John

Office of Confusion

The Zamgwar Institute

It took me awhile, but with your help and past posts, I was able to finally book my shore excursions.

Lucky you. I keep getting a message saying "This reservation is not available at this time. Please try later."

Later never comes though. I guess I will have to call.

Michelle in SoCal

2 things to remember:

1. If you have logged in to "my celebrity" wait about 20 minutes after you log out to book your shore excursions, they block each other.

2. Make sure ALL pop up blockers are off.

If you still get the not available at this time message, chances are your excursions haven't been posted yet.

Good luck!

Lucky you. I keep getting a message saying "This reservation is not available at this time. Please try later."

Later never comes though. I guess I will have to call.

Michelle in SoCal

Agree with above poster, and would emphasize that you do NOT want to try to book your excursions through "My Celebrity", even though the tab there encourages you to do so. Why this feature remains is a mystery to me, because being logged into the My Celebrity opens your account, making it impossible to open it again in the shorex booking area. It can only be open once at one time, and not again for the aforementioned 20 minutes.

Start from the shorex area of the main Celebrity page, select the general area in which you'll be cruising, then select a specific port. At THAT point, you'll find the old selection box on the left of your screen that will allow you to enter your booking number, sail date, etc. and actually book excursions.

Also, be advised that you won't be able to book your excurisons until at least within 90 days of sailing, more typically 60 days, and sometimes even closer to sail date than that!

I also agree with Canderson in that DO NOT pick your shore excursions through My Celebrity. Just go to the home page like he said and do your picking of shore excursions that way. Trust me, been there done that and what a mess. Celebrity has a glitch in their system that needs to be addressed.

Marilyn

I also agree with Canderson in that DO NOT pick your shore excursions through My Celebrity. Just go to the home page like he said and do your picking of shore excursions that way. Trust me, been there done that and what a mess. Celebrity has a glitch in their system that needs to be addressed.

Marilyn

What I find incredible is that this "glitch" has existed SINCE THIS TIME LAST YEAR when they revamped the Celebrity site, they've been notified about it numerous times, the Customer Service folks are fully aware of it and most can provide the work-around, and yet it REMAINS a serious bug on the site.

Once again, one can only be glad that the quality of shipboard service exceeds that of the shore-based service!

Thanks everyone. I did not know that you should NOT be in My Celebrity. I did what was suggested and it worked like a charm. My dh, ds and I are now booked for the Turtle release program in Acapulco. I wanted to make a certificate and give it to dh for xmas. So now it is officially booked. I was able to do it even though our cruise isn't until 4/7/06.

Michelle in SoCal

Mercury 4/7/06

Archived