Deposit Refund Time After Cancellation?

gtalum

WHat experience do you have with receiveing your deposit refund after cancellation? I just cancelled a cruise bookin gfor November of 2006, and I want to know when to expect the money to be credited back to my American Express account.

I recieved refunds from Carnival on 2 past occasions...The first was a rebate of part of the fare from when we sailed a shortened itenerary on Conquest. I was informed I was going to be getting money back the day prior to sailing and it was credited back to me about a week and a half after we returned. The second was a credit for the cancellation of Sensation. They never actually did refund the money because a couple of weeks after I was notified of the cancellation I re-booked the same cruise on Elation and they just applied the other deposit rather than making me provide another credit card number and charging me again. If you call them they can tell you if the credit has been submitted to the credit card company. I have heard they can get it done faster under the right circumstances.

Archived