Info needed on St. Barth's excursions, Jan. 2006 Zuiderdam

JazzCruiseDiva

Hello and Happy Holidays,

I'm on the Smooth Jazz Cruise on Sept 21, 2006 on Zuiderdam (2nd year in a row, I love it!) and today I cruised HAL's website and went searching for excursions for our selected ports, San Juan, Nevis and St. Barth's. Nothing was listed at all for St. Barth's. Any tips or advice on where to go, what to do, and what to avoid will be much appreciated and will be shared with people all over the country who are in my group.

Thanks so much.

Here is a link to a good guide on St. Barths.

http://www.st-barths.com/guide.html

You will tender into Gustavia. On St. Barths, I think the best thing to do is to rent a car and drive around the island yourself. You can visit one of the many uncrowded beaches, pick up lunch, or just envy the lifestyle of the rich and famous (poverty is non-existent on St. Barths). The roads are curvy and steep, but people drive slow. If you do not want to drive, you can walk around Gustavia looking at the shops and private mega-yachts. You can also walk from Gustavia to Shell Beach. Be prepared: St. Barths is EXTREMELY expensive (we saw a $15 USD bowl of soup and a $5 USD soda).

It is a European paradise in the Caribbean. Enjoy!

Stebul,

Thank you for the link and the tips. I'd heard St. Barth's characterized similarly with Nevis. Any tips for that port? We are there, too. I've read some books and looked at HAL's offerings...but sometimes it's cool to do as you suggested, rent a cab and tool around. Did that in Ocho Rios and had the same cab driver we'd had four years earlier!

Many thanks!

here's a link to the cruise I'll be on, pretty pictures...

www.warrehhillcruise.com

Happy Holidays!:)

Archived