port or starboard on Majesty or Sovereign?

mjkjhick

It may not matter at all or it may matter so let me ask: we've been told we want a room in the front of the ship, but why I'm not sure; but which side of the ship-port or starboard- should we try for? Does one side or the other see the sun set (don't expect to see the sun rise) and there's always which side is facing the ocean, not the land, as we're docked. Or, as I suspect, Does it really matter? The operators at RCI never have an opinion but Cruise Critic readers do, and tha't how we learn what to ask for!

Merry Christmas and thank you for your thoughts!

I would flip a coin and take the side that wins...

There is no benefit to either side of the ship, it is pot luck which way they are gonna pull into ports. or some moon alignment on saturn or something random like that.

I actually prefer the starboard side on even numbered cruises that leave on the second and third saturday of the month.. and the port side on cruises leaving on the first and second sunday of the month... The other days I have to consult with the local weatherman and star charts to decide if it is the right call to get on the port or starboard side.. unless there is a full moon, then of course the answer is obvious

Archived