Help! Le Havre Port (with 4 kids 2-11)

acosamano

We are taking a Norwegian Cruise that stops at Le Havre. Right now we are booked with a Paris & Leisure tour. I’m concerned with the long drive. Does anyone know if there are stops along the way? Also when they say seeing Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower etc. are we just looking from the bus or actually stopping and getting out to see? I am debating scrapping this tour to do something closer to port. Is it worth the drive for Paris? Mont-St-Michel looked nice, Normandy... I can’t figure out this port and what is best to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We did the Normandy beaches. We loved it. The tour included a very nice lunch at the Omaha Beach golf club and the cemetery. We did a lot outside of the bus and it wasn’t a “seen from the bus window” tour. Lot of history, beaches, and scenery. When people got back onboard, we heard tons of complaints about the very rushed Paris excursion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mont Saint-Michel is several hours drive itself. (You can use Google Maps to estimate driving times.)

Closer sites include the Normandy D-Day beaches, Bayeux (often visited on the same tour with the beaches; we visited both with Overlord Tours), Rouen (and the further out Giverny, sometimes visited with Rouen), and the small but very close Honfleur.

With 4 kids of those ages, I wouldn't be making the drive to Paris myself. No, there isn't time for stops and it's not a leisurely or scenic drive as people want to maximize their time in Paris.