Xpedition review posted (finally)

more from les

Les,

Great unique review....thanks for sharing it....I am just starting to research this cruise and your insights were very helpful.

I do have one quick question....did the ship offer a meat dish each evening? I can't eat any fish or shellfish but love meat (chicken, beef, veal, lamb, pork, etc...) Was there a multiple choice of what to eat?

Janine

Yes,there are multiple meats offerred every night.Usually chicken,sometimes beef.You can also ask for some really good pasta dishes to be made for you,One of our group ordered spaghetti Carbonara one night,and our whole group of 20 had it the next evening for our main course.it was as good as any I've ever had in Italy ! The crew will go to any lenght to please you,and despite some quality limits on things like beef (they have to buy it in Ecuador) they make a pretty good brochette out of it one of the evenings they bar-b-que on deck.At lunch you can always get burgers and chicken cooked at the Beagle Grill,and supplement them with lots of salads,veggies and good desserts.The food was surprisingly good on our 8/28/05 cruise.The chef even made and decorated Birthday cakes for 2 members of our group.

BillC:

thanks for the feedback on the menus....I was rather worried after hearing they need to buy majority of their food locally....and may have limited supplies. Great to hear they have some choices every night that aren't seafood/fish.

Thanks again.

Janine

BillC:

I was also wondering how was the weather in August? We are debating on whether to take our son with us when he is on summer vacation. He's 13 now and would be 14 1/2 if we go (we have other cruises planned between now and summer of 2007). We all love to snorkel and was wondering how cold the water is during this time of year.

Did you have any other children on your ship?

Janine

We went in late August,and there weren'y any young children on our sailing,probably because school had started for just about everyone. We had 64 passengers and 66 crew.I have clients with teenagers going this June,and there are a number of minors signed up.Our weather was perfect.We had no rain the whole time and fairly calm seas.The water was in the very low 70's,but if you use the wetsuits that they provide with your snorkeling gear,you adapt quickly to it.We got some great underwater shots. The weather was partially cloudy most days,but that only made the excursions more comfortable.If possible,try and plan your trip to coincide with little,or no moon.The star gazing and "lectures" on the top deck on several nights is unbelievable !

Since we sailed on 8/28/05,and most schools had started,there were no children on our sailing.I have clients going this June with their 2 children,and there are a number of other children on the cruise.We had no rain the entire time,but some clouds some days,which actually were helpful in keeping temperatures very comfortable.The water was usually around 70 degrees,so use the wetsuits that Celebrity provides with your snorkel gear.If possible,go when there is little,or no Moon.The stars "show" at night is not to be missed !

Archived