Free Rooms?

sonnylax

For most, for every 16 passengers (8 cabins booked based on double occupancy) 1 berth is comp'd. Not a room. And it's only the base cruise fare, not port and tax.

Ask the cruise line you plan to travel with what their group policies are and they will tell you.

For most, for every 16 passengers (8 cabins booked based on double occupancy) 1 berth is comp'd. Not a room. And it's only the base cruise fare, not port and tax.

Ask the cruise line you plan to travel with what their group policies are and they will tell you.

Agreed.

Occupany on cruises is based on 2 people per room. When I got married I used travelocityies group bookings. For the first 8 cabins I got one passage (read "person") free (that person still had to pay taxes). at 14 cabins booked we got 2 people (read one room w/o taxes) free in the 'most booked' category for our group.

I inquired with RCCL if they could do me this type of deal and they said 'nope' - so we went with travelocity.

with carnival it was one free fare for the 16th passenger, not the whole room. they will reimburse you after the cruise, and it does not include sales tax or port charges. also note they take the fare of the most common room type your group booked... ie: if you booked 5 inside cabins and 3 balconies that reimbursement is going to be for the fare of the inside room regardless of the 16th person booked a balcony!

Be sure to check with your cruise line or travel agent for confirmation on group policies.

For my wedding cruise, we were not permitted to book as a group and there were no comps, upgrades or other freebies. But my understanding is that this applied to our particular sailing, as opposed to the ship or the itinerary. So just be sure to double check that the sailing you choose will allow a "group".

with carnival it was one free fare for the 16th passenger, not the whole room. they will reimburse you after the cruise, and it does not include sales tax or port charges. also note they take the fare of the most common room type your group booked... ie: if you booked 5 inside cabins and 3 balconies that reimbursement is going to be for the fare of the inside room regardless of the 16th person booked a balcony!

Hi all,

Strange - I booked for a group of 20, and we got our free room discounted from our total cruise price.

Also, if you're a large group, you'll have access to the ship's group activity co-ordinator, and access to special cocktail parties - nothing that special, but a nice touch.

Archived