Review of Golden Princess 12/17/05 Sailing

obladi1

We didn't notice any loud noises or had any problems with other passengers by our cabin. It seems that by the time you go to sleep, after a full day, the ship will gently rock you to sleep. If all else fails try to have a glass of wine before bedtime.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the input. While the more lively Latino "atmosphere" would prevail on deck, I guess it seems that the cabin noise matter is likely no better or worse than any other cruise. And we do try to avoid holidays and Spring break time in order to reduce the number of potential problems.

We also prefer the back of the ship, which does pretty much eliminate foot traffic. Just enjoyed a fantail balcony on the NCL Dawn and that location is positively addictive. Which brings to mind another question for Golden afficionados:

Have any of you ever stayed in the fantail BB balcony cabins on the Caribe deck? Apparently, the balcony is a good size, but the cabins themselves are only 160 sq. ft.. That's small! How is the layout ... is the small cabin worth it for the fantail?

Any advice appreciated,

Air Canada Stew

The cabins on the Caribe deck are much larger, but those above you will have a view of you and afford you very little privacy. If you are exhibitionists or don't care the larger balcony will be worth it. By the way, all cabins are small but you won't spend much time in them - we were either sleeping or on our balcony when in our room.

Thanks Obladi,

OK, now I'm really confused. I thought that it was only the Dolphin deck with completely exposed balconies. Really ... Caribe deck as well? And that includes the fantail?

As to the small cabin, we've been in a BD on the Coral Princess (180 sq. ft.) which offered a good lay out and ample storage. I was basically wondering if anyone knew if that 160 sq. ft. aft cabin on the Golden was radically different for storage. (The downside of the NCL Dawn standard balcony was the very small closet that couldn't be opened the same time as the bathroom!)

By the way, I totally hear you about that glass of wine!

Air Canada Stew

Archived