Amiga Island??

• 1 month later...

I took this tour with family in April 2016. We loved it.

You board a motorboat right off the Labadee dock and Amiga Island is about a 20 minute ride from there. Our tour had about 30 people. Once on the island, most people claimed a chair. There is plenty of seating and hammocks. At the time of our trip, one free drink was included on the island and more for purchase from the little bar. Drinks were good and they offered a 2 rum punches for $5 special.

The water and beach was beautiful. You can easily walk completely around the island in about 5 minutes - it is very small. When we went, there was a small out-house for a restroom.

We explored towards the middle of the little island, through the brush and trees, and found that there was a small area full of trash, almost like a mini landfill. It was somewhat sad to see, considering the serene beauty of the island. If you stick to the beach area, you won't see it, nor will it bother you, but my Dad and I both were surprised to see it trashed like that.

The trip could easily be longer, only about 3 hours, because RCCL attempts to cash in on the excursion by running a morning and afternoon tour to double up on revenue.

All in all, it was a great excursion. We loved the beach, drinks, and the ocean. It was nice to be away from the crowds at Labadee and it truly did feel like a scene out of a Pirates of the Caribbean movie. My family is taking a cruise in 2019 that includes a stop at Labadee. Barring something unforeseen, the popular opinion of our group is to take this tour again.