Better Late Than Never.Sun Reveiw

Firefighter's wife

We sailed the Sun Dec.11-18th.This was our fifth cruise,our first with NCL.We chose NCL to experience freestyle.Please don't FLAME it's only our opinion.:)

We arrived two days early.Stayed @ South Shore Harbour- League City($88 cruise rate,with buffet b'fast,& free parking).We were worned out from the drive,so we went to bed early.We were up early had B'fast& set out on our search for the port.The Dream was in port,DH asked the port police what time we could arrive on Sunday& we were told about 10:30.After that we went to downtown Houston,for a little site seeing.Killed a few hours.Later that evening we went to Kemah Boardwalk,great place we'll sure it's even better when the weather is somewhat warmer.We wanted to see the boat parade,so we had dinner @ Saltgrass Steakhouse,& decided to go back to the hotel since it was

somewhat cold.We discovered we could see the boats lining up from our balcony @ the hotel.:D

Cruise Day Sunday-We were Up by 8.Had b'fast,got our bags packed in the car,checked out & arrived @ the peir about 10:40.Gave our bags to the porter,& DH went to park the car($49.00)& into the building we wentPeople were already there waiting.We had to sit & wait while the ship was cleared by customs.They gave H20 & juice while we waited.They handed out different color tickets,orange if you were a Latitude Member& green if you were a first time cruiser. Around 11:00 they announced that everyone with orange tickets could start boarding the ship,shortly afterwards we were allowed to board.Once you went thur the scanners,you had to walk 3/4 mile @ a incline(seemed longer)once you reached the ship they took the colored tickets.The check in process was quick.They asked for a cc,then took our picture for the seapass& off to our cabin we went.:p We had a balcony cabin-Deck 10 #0027.The cabin was smaller than what were use to.The bathroom was even smaller.We met our cabin steward.We brought along a rolling cooler with soda's & water, it was filled with ice the whole cruise.Within 30 mins our first peice of luggage arrived.

we unpacked it & set out to explore the ship.

I find myself getting a little longwinded.So I'll stop for now.But,before

I go.Let me say this.After we returned from the Muster Drill,we had a peice of paper on our door,saying there was something suspicious in our second peice of luggage.So we had to report to the Tech Room& open it for security.We all joked that it felt liked being sent to the principle's office. We were told we had a bottle of wine(which we knew already).DH & pre-made up some long island teas.We also had sweet&sour.But nothing was said about that.We were giving the option of paying a $15.00 corkage fee,or picking it up& the end of the cruise.We paid the $15& keep it in our room.

More Later.If I can answer any questions,I'll do my best.

Later.......Vee

I was on the same cruise.... I beg to differ, but the walk isn't three quarters of a mile. The Sun is only 850 feet in length, the gangway incline only went to midships, and then doubled back a bit, say 450 feet plus another 100 feet on the double back, plus another 100 feet to the ship....say approximately 650 feet. From the terminal to the gangway incline may have been 200 feet, the entire walk couldn't have been much more than 850 feet. A mile is 5,280 feet, so 3/4s of a mile is a bit of an exaggeration..... I have walked further at airports.....

Mr. Hayes-Thanks for the Math Lesson!!!!!:rolleyes:

Electricron-Happy Belated B'day.Great Pics,can you give us you take on the cruise?Did you try any of the specialty restaurants?We went to Ginza's,we feel it was worth the $24.

Since it seems there are other's on this board who are so eager to correct,I'll be brief.

The Sun is a lovely ship.

Seven Seas/Four Seasons:Felt the food to be So-So.

Sea Days-We felt to be laid back.

Passagers-The majority we came in contact with were

Nice,but there were some who left their

manners @ home.

Excursions:Cozumel-We took a taxi tour of the island.

Belize-Mangrove Tour.

Roatan-Discover Rotan Island.

Entertainment:We only went to a couple.Jane L.Powell

was great,she interacted with the audience

The late night comedian,we should have

stayed in bed.Was not impressed.

Saturday 12/17/05:Was a wild ride.We had things falling

off the shelves.This was the first time

I ever felt sick.Had to keep the

curtains closed.

Sunday Debarkation:We decided to try self debarkation.

Loved it,we were leaving the ship@

7:25.

Vee..

Here's a photo of the ramp, from orbit.

BarboursCut1.jpg

The ship on the left is where the cruise ships dock in Houston. You can see the ramp from the ship's amidship area to the building below it. Since the ship is less than 1,000 feet in length; the ramp is at most 1,000 feet long, less than a quarter mile.

It only feels three-quarters a mile long because it is uphill all the way and you're carry bags.

Archived