Blue lagoon or balmoral - nassau on liberty april

JGORD7

Opinions please as to which place is best for a sweet beach day. Taking into considerations of crowds, kids, nicest beach area with enough space, etc. I have read some reviews & some are saying Balmoral has a very limited beach area so not sure which to pick.... TIA

I've been to Blue Lagoon twice on land vacations. I saw the ferries come in with cruise passengers. We love Blue Lagoon. It is a cove, so the waves just lap up on shore. Great beach day. Quiet. Our pass included lunch. You can walk around & explore. Watch the sea lion & dolphins or participate in one of them.

We hated Blue Lagoon. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. We were expecting a real ocean beach. I could see how it would be awesome with little kids but my 12 year old and I both felt like it was a tourist trap and insanely boring. That said, its probably safer than a regular pool for little kids (water safety wise) and the boat ride over and back is actually pretty great.

Blue Lagoon for sure. We loved our time there. There is no charge to observe the dolphins and sea lions. There are activities for a charge as well. Our excursion included a tasty lunch. Staff was very pleasant. I’d return to this tranquil retreat every time.

Balmoral had plenty of chairs and two pools. Only able to observe dolphins if you paid to do the swim or encounter. Food was pricey.