Anyone ever bought anything from Majesty Jewelers in St. Maarten?

hardingk

I have visted this storew twice in the past while on cruises, the most recent time being this past September. I saw a gorgeous ring when we were there in September and have been saving for it ever since, knowing we would be back in January. They seem to have good prices, but I was just wondering if anyone has made any large purchases from there and if you were satisfied. Or any other feedback you might have.

Thanks!

I always go there when I'm in St. Maarten. Jack is my guy. My problem is that I'm not a good negotiator, so I probably don't get the BEST price, but the big purchases I've made I had appraised when I returned and they appraised well, so I'm satisfied. Jack always seems to know what I'm going to like and sucks me in. I get many compliments on all the stuff I buy there. RCI supports them as a viable store, so that helped me be more comfortable. You have to ask to see the ring that flips from one stone to another. It's awesome. It's like getting two rings for the price of one.

Jack told me that the Majesty stores on other islands are not necessarily associated with them, so beware. If you go, ask for Jack and tell him Joyce from Ohio sent you. Don't know what that would get you, if anything, but he will remember me. He even called me a few times since my purchases just to be sure I was satisfied....and I get cards and chocolates in the mail. See, I probably spent too much. LOL My best advise is to stay away from the champagne!!!! it clouds your decision making brain cells and makes you spend too much. LOL

Enjoy!!!

If you do purcahse something be sure to get the specifics of the piece in writing! Cut, Color, Clarity, Size, Etc.

Then charge it on a credit card that can assist you if you need to dispute the purchase.

If the piece is misrepresented then you have a claim.

I always go there when I'm in St. Maarten. Jack is my guy. My problem is that I'm not a good negotiator, so I probably don't get the BEST price, but the big purchases I've made I had appraised when I returned and they appraised well, so I'm satisfied. Jack always seems to know what I'm going to like and sucks me in. I get many compliments on all the stuff I buy there. RCI supports them as a viable store, so that helped me be more comfortable. You have to ask to see the ring that flips from one stone to another. It's awesome. It's like getting two rings for the price of one.

Jack told me that the Majesty stores on other islands are not necessarily associated with them, so beware. If you go, ask for Jack and tell him Joyce from Ohio sent you. Don't know what that would get you, if anything, but he will remember me. He even called me a few times since my purchases just to be sure I was satisfied....and I get cards and chocolates in the mail. See, I probably spent too much. LOL My best advise is to stay away from the champagne!!!! it clouds your decision making brain cells and makes you spend too much. LOL

Enjoy!!!

Thanks, I will ask for Jack! Jay helped us when I was there in September. Can I ask you how much more your purchases have been appraised for, above what you paid? 10%, 20% etc?

Thanks, I will ask for Jack! Jay helped us when I was there in September. Can I ask you how much more your purchases have been appraised for, above what you paid? 10%, 20% etc?

We have bought from Kay Jewelers - also a rccl recommended shop.

One of the port lecturers once told us on the average you will save 20-30% over US prices on most items + sales tax.

TAG watches are 20% off no matter where you buy them - ship or any store - Anyone who tells you they will give you more - watch out.

You can negotiate better deals on non-name brands such as rings and chains although chains are generally sold by weight and will vary based on the price of gold. One thing you will find is a lot of 18 k gold at 14k prices

hardingk, I probably got about 10-15%. The problem is I bought name brand stuff....Asher...Cabana. Those are not going to appraise much higher because you're paying for the name. As hermang said, you make out much better if you're buying non-brand name items.

I have yet to find any Cabana in the Cleveland area.....so, I wanted the piece, even though it was a brand name, so I bought it. :-) I get soooo many compliments on the pieces I've purchased, I'm very pleased.

hardingk, I probably got about 10-15%. The problem is I bought name brand stuff....Asher...Cabana. Those are not going to appraise much higher because you're paying for the name. As hermang said, you make out much better if you're buying non-brand name items.

I have yet to find any Cabana in the Cleveland area.....so, I wanted the piece, even though it was a brand name, so I bought it. :-) I get soooo many compliments on the pieces I've purchased, I'm very pleased.

Thanks for the information! I am looking to buy a ring, so no brand names involved!

Cleveland huh...my moms family lives in Warren & Newton Falls. I was there for Thanksgiving durning the snow storm, don't know how you handle all that snow!

Archived