Diving in Coco Cay and Nassau

isabellmybell

Hi yall, can anyone tell me the best dive shops to use for coco cay and nassau? We will be there 1st of Feb. My kids, dive and I love to snokle above them. I know they would love to dive with the sharks, if its really safe??:confused: Any input would be greatly appreciated:)

I did the shark trip with Stuart Cove a few years ago. They run 2 boats to the site. 1 a dive boat and the other a snorkle only boat. There are a few other dive ops that also do the shark dives / snorkles. I thought it was pretty safe, the reef sharks are generally non aggressive and pretty much ignore the people, they are only interested in the food ball however I wouldn't sit there with a handful of chum in my hand eithor!!

Hi guys, Thanks for the info, should I book ahead of time or just wait till we get there? Do you have any idea of about how much it is? Do I book with the ship line or with someone on the island. Thanks a bunch we are very new to this all, this is only our 2nd cruise, but we loved the first so much we plan on making it our life time hobby:D

:eek: So is this my only option?? There must be more than one. Does everyone go with them, would be a little crowded! When we were on our last cruise we went with independent people and got super service. Anyone out there know of a private vendor.

:eek: So is this my only option??
Which "this" are you referring to? If it is about diving at Coco Cay, then the answer is yes. You will only be able to dive with the ship's operator as they are the only choice on the RCI "private" island.

There must be more than one. Does everyone go with them, would be a little crowded!
No, there are other dive operators, but I would think that a recommendation and a link to the dive operator would be a reason to direct your next question to Stuart Cove as to the number of divers on a shark feeding trip, price, and other arrangements.

Archived