Meraviglia Norway July 2018-Tromso Question

FLBeachwalker

Hello we will be in Tomso, Norway on 7/9/18 and have a planned excursion. We are scheduled to dock @9:00 and have to meet our group in town @10:00 at the Scandic Ishavshotel. Does anyone know if there are:

1- available taxis at the port

2- does MSC provide a shuttle

3 - is MSC on time docking........

4 - Doable?

If anyone has sailed MSC in Norway any information you can provide would be much appreciated :)

Thank you!

We were in Tromso aboard the Splendida in 2015. I would think your schedule would be totally doable, because the port is not far from downtown. I found this link in my bookmarks:

https://www.visittromso.no/en/Cruise

It says the port runs a shuttle, and also provides a link to the city bus. So you'll have options even if no taxis are available. I would be surprised if MSC provides a shuttle.

When we visited, I didn't really pay attention or notice transportation options out of the port because we were walking across the street to the botanical garden--really interesting and worth doing if you get back to the port area with extra time before all-aboard time. We walked through the gardens and up the hill to the science center, which was fantastic with lots of hands-on things for the kids and a planetarium with a Northern Lights show. From there we took the city bus to downtown, where we wandered around and enjoyed a Mack beer before taking the city bus back to the port. I had planned to do the cable car up to the viewpoint, but it was drizzly all day with poor visibility so decided against it.

Sorry, that was way more than you asked! We thoroughly enjoyed our day in Tromso--one of our unexpected favorites of Norway. Tromso is not really a headliner of Norwegian cruise ports, but we had a wonderful day there. Happy cruising!