Copenhagen Departure and luggage shipment

cfly

Our cruise leaves Copenhagen on a Saturday at 5 pm. We may want to spend time in the city before boarding, because I can't see any advantage to being on the ship early. Are there good reasons to board early? What time should we leave the downtown area to begin boarding, if we are not interested in getting to the ship early. How long will the boarding process take?

Has anyone used Airluggage Copenhagen to ship bags from the hotel directly to the cruise ship? They say your bags will arrive securely in your cabin. Also they can pick your bags up from the ship and send them to your hotel so you don't need to take them to your post cruise hotel and can check into your hotel later.

Any feedback is welcome.

This is very exciting to read! I just went on Trip Advisor and there is a glowing thread conversation about the service.

I am going to sign up for this service for us in July! But I cannot believe that of the zillion hotels the one that we are staying in before the cruise (one of the Scandic ones) is not on the list!

The service looks fabulous and its not expensive!

• 4 weeks later...

I have family that went on a cruise in Copenhagen - They stayed at a hotel that was not on the list.

It is possible - just send them a mail and tell about your hotel and they will help you.

My family loved the service btw!

Good plan. The cruise port is quite a way out of the downtown sites you may want to see. There are very good public transit links (bus at the cruise port) and connects the port to the main metro/transit line at Nooreport (sp?), but that eats into your time in this city if you go out early to embark, and then take transit back to do your sight-seeing. Thanks for letting us know about this cruise-luggage service. That sounds like is a very helpful service one hopes other cruise port cities will imitate..

Have a wonderful time. Please report back how it worked out. Between airport -metro-cruise port, Copenhagan public transportation wants to make it work for you - not having to haul luggage along the way makes it even better,

• 3 weeks later...

We are crossing eastbound to Southhampton on QM2 August 3 then returning on HAL Zuiderdam from Copenhagen 8/14. We are forwarding most of our luggage from our London hotel to our Copenhagen hotel and traveling London - Copenhagen via train the 4 days between. Concierge at the Kensington Hotel in London is arranging luggage forwarding for us.