Can I Get there in Time?

NCEdwards4

I am going on my first cruise on Carnival in Februrary. We will be in Grand Cayman from 7am - 4pm. I am considering booking a private charter boat from 9:30 - 12:30pm. Due to Carnival's rules that only the guests that booked Carnival's excursions get off on the earliest tenders, will I have time to get to my excursion at 9:30am? Thanks for your thoughts.

I think you should be fine. In Feb., ship time and island time for you will be the same, so I think you should be able to get there in time. I suppose anything can happen, and the ship could be delayed, or immigrations (or whatever they do), could cause a delay...but I'd make the plans for that time.

When we were on the Triumph, we purchased the "island tour" from Carnival so we could be the first ones off the ship. We met in the little lounge they told us to and we were led to the tenders by someone from the ship. As we went, people joined our little group and we all boarded the tenders. Never were we asked for our tour ticket prior to boarding the tender.

I'm not sure how they handle the excursions now (this was 3 years ago), but I think even if you have to wait, you should have no problem getting to your charter. And if it's a private charter, they might wait a few extra minutes for you, should you be delayed.

Have a great time! We're going to be in GC for a week...in just a few short days!!!!!

I asked that too in another thread seeing that most people got off the ship by 8:30 am. I booked a tour with Sotos' for 2 hours starting at 9:30.

Aren't most cruises with Carnival to GC go from 7 am to 2 pm.? I wish mine was till 4!

I am going on my first cruise on Carnival in Februrary. We will be in Grand Cayman from 7am - 4pm. I am considering booking a private charter boat from 9:30 - 12:30pm. Due to Carnival's rules that only the guests that booked Carnival's excursions get off on the earliest tenders, will I have time to get to my excursion at 9:30am? Thanks for your thoughts.

With whom did you reserve the private boat? Sounds really nice. We're also considering scooters and a nice long ride to the other end of the island.

Archived