Dream/Houston disembark flight times

Larrydano

Sharon and I are thinking about sailing on the Dream November 2006.

My question is in regards to our return home after the cruise.

We are trying to use US Airways travel vouchers (limited times/availability) and would like to know what is the earliest flight time we should book out of Houston after we disembark the Dream?

Larry

I would say after 4 hours after docking.

In Houston, Customs usually clears the ship very fast in half an hour. They have been know to take up to two hours to clear the ship.

Disembarkation usually takes about an hour and a half. Half an hour if you take Express Disembarkation.

There's the drive time of 45 minutes to Hobby, over an hour to Bush. And you should be at the airport an hour early.

If the Dream arrives and docks on time at 9 a.m., I would recommend a flight after 1:00 p.m. You could probably make a 12 o'clock noon flight if everything goes smoothly and you take Express Disembarkation.

electricron's got it about right. We were on the Dream 11/26 of this year. The itinerary must have changed a bit, we were docked way before 9 am. Our friends opted to do the express disembarkation and were off the ship by 8 am. We did the old fashion way (deck 7, they started from the top) and were still at our car by 9:30. All in all it went extremely fast and easy.

We were on the Dream in October; we were off the ship and to Houston Hobby by 9:30 am. This was the best disembarkments we've done. Only Disney came close.

But... the cruise before us was late getting in and people missed their flights. To be safe, I wouldnt plan before 12-1 pm, at the earliest. Enjoy NCL, where you can relax in your room on disembarkment day (and not in the hallways like on other cruiselines.)

Hi Karen....yep...its me....the Velvet Teddy Bear.....hope you had a great set of Holidays....I know we did......We are thinking about the Dream for the week after Thanksgiving in 06.......maybe see all that we missed...LOL...but we DID have a great trip as it was.......:)

till we all sail again.....jus me...jim...the velvet teddy bear.....:cool:

It would depend if you're using the ship's transfers back to the airport or not, and which airport you are travelling to. IAH (Bush International) is farther than Houston Hobby.

For our cruise this year, we are using the cruise line transfers $25 per person each way (except our flight arrives later than their transfer time to the ship.... 1 p.m. cut-off time). Return flight for our group is at 4:10 p.m. (I belive the earliest they allowed flights were at 2 p.m. if not 4 p.m.) To play things safe if you are using the cruise line transfers make sure ask confirm with the cruise line prior to making flight arrangements.

We are on the Dream 1-14-06. Our flight lands at 11:53 am but our return flight was changed by the airline from 2:40pm to 1:20pm. I checked our transfers and seen that your return flight cannot be BEFORE 12:30pm so we are safe.

I had to contact my TA and let her know the change so she could contact NCL. I don't anticipate any problems but its better to be safe than sorry.

Julie

Archived