Galapagos - best time of year

CSloan

Any suggestions as to what time of year is best to do the Galapagos Expedition? My guess would be we'd want to go when there is the most wildlife present? I really don't know much about this at all - but I'd like to see penguins, etc.

Thanks!

A lot has been posted on this subject. If you search the forum for Galapagos, you will find many websites posted & information on the weather, water temps and activities.

One of the naturalists told us last year that the best times of year were May & November. The sea starts getting rougher in mid to late November. We traveled in early November and the naturalists were commenting that there was a noticeable difference in the seas from the previous week. We had some hefty wave action on the zodiacs towards the end of the week.

In winter months, the naturalists said they do more hiking on shore excursions. In summer months, it is very humid and the shore excursions involve more snorkeling and swimming.

Hope this helps.

Archived