Maegan's Bay or Trunk Bay

zurich72

Sailing with Princess in February and our last stop is St. Thomas -- we really want to enjoy a great beach and perfect, calm, clear water... just relaxing -- can anyone help us decide which to choose? Any info on the differences and similarities versus maegan's or trunk bay would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

To me, Magen's Bay is a beautiful, picture-perfect beach. Trunk Bay, while beautiful in its own right, has more of a "Robinson Crusoe" feel to me. If you want to just relax, I'd pick Magen's Bay. If you also want to do some snorkeling, head for Trunk Bay.

Megans bay is nice although it can be crowded with cruise ship passengers. The water is very calm. and it is a fairly quick cab ride away. Trunk bay is gorgeous and has wonderful snorkling, or you can head a little further from Trunk bay to Cinnamon bay, equally as beautiful, but less crowded. Pur last trip there it started grain as soon as we were about to snorkle in Trunk bay, we left and had a An Hellacious scary ride back down those steep hills in one of those semi covered taxis with bald tires. Once back in Red Hook our taxi ride took over an hour with rising flood waters and booming thunder, and the taxi cabs winshield wipers didn't really work! what an experience, If it looks like rain stay closer to ST. Thomas!!!

gourmetgal

We're thinking of renting a scooter on St. Johns...whats you opinion as far as driving a scooter on these roads? We're mid forties and I used to drive a motorcycle so no worries about operating one just concerned that the roads and terrain would be unenjoyable.

gourmetgal

We're thinking of renting a scooter on St. Johns...whats you opinion as far as driving a scooter on these roads? We're mid forties and I used to drive a motorcycle so no worries about operating one just concerned that the roads and terrain would be unenjoyable.

The roads are narrow, steep in places, and chock full of hairpin turns. Also, the folks drive on the left side of the road. If you feel comfortable with these riding conditions then you should be fine on St. John being that you are an experienced motorcyclist.

On the upside, the automobile traffic is not as crazy as it is on St. Thomas so between the two islands, St. John would be the better of the two for exploring with a scooter.

Archived