Question regarding typical level of knowledge among Carnival bartenders.

I will echo those who are pushing you toward the Alchemy Bar. Venture off menu there (although the menu drinks are great). Other bartenders were hit and miss. And I find those hits early on and keep coming back. Those that miss? No hard feelings, but we move on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Early scouting of bartenders. Check.

My first and only cruise to date was a joke with the bartenders. I tried on almost every bar on the ship, if it wasn't on the menu they wouldn't make it. I was beyond frustrated, I was damned pissed.

Elation was the ship, no Alchemy.

It seems like Alchemy is key to advanced beverages. Thanks for sharing the tale.

I agree with Alchemy and Steakhouse. Especially the Steakhouse bar, the bartender doesn't see much business and will pamper you.

Even if you decide you will just drink beer and wine, the Cheers package would work for that. The Steakhouse will offer better wines by the glass that won't be offered anywhere else on board.

A proper Ramos? I wouldn't hold my breath. Alchemy does have more classic (and variations of) cocktails, but I can sit at a bar without getting on a boat. To be completely honest, I didn't seem to want the cocktails I'd normally drink while I was cruising. I really enjoyed a stiff pour of Appletons, rather than my mezcal negroni I'd usually get.

I did, however, have luck getting a pool bartender to make me margaritas with all mezcal instead of of tequila and a mezcal topper.