Is there shallow snorkeling?

KarimaJ

I have read about al snorkeling excursions on this board. I'm having a hard time determining if they are deep water or shallow? After our recent Grand Cayman snorkeling experience my daughter finally enjoys snorkeling. We were out on a boat, water was about 10 feet deep but very clear with lots of fish and stingrays. We did not enjoy dark, deep water snorkeling with a steep dropoff, this really freaked her out. Is any decent Bonaire snorkeling fairly shallow?

Where do you go for the snorkeling off the beach? So far I have seen the boat tours like Seacow and Woodwind.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are many snorkling spots accessible from Shore on Bonaire but since it is coral reef most are not beachfront. unless you take a water taxi to klein Bonaire. We took a catamaran excision and snorkeled off the boat. We could get so close to shore we almost 'bottomed out' a few times! Amazing marine life and crystal clear water you can't really go wrong.

There are many snorkling spots accessible from Shore on Bonaire but since it is coral reef most are not beachfront. unless you take a water taxi to klein Bonaire. We took a catamaran excision and snorkeled off the boat. We could get so close to shore we almost 'bottomed out' a few times! Amazing marine life and crystal clear water you can't really go wrong.

Oh, this is what sounds good to me, shallow excellent snorkeling. Do you remember which vendor you used?

I can highly recommend Woodwind, for several reasons. First and foremost, they are client safety oriented. So, if anyone in your party is even the least bit nervous, they will ensure that they are comfortable with flotation assistance and with close supervision by the guides. Second, they take you to the most beautiful reef locations. Not super deep so you have amazing views but not so shallow as to be worried about making contact with the reef itself.

Oh, this is what sounds good to me, shallow excellent snorkeling. Do you remember which vendor you used?

We went with a shore excursion through the ship (Royal Caribbean) and the catamaran was called the Mi Dushi. Fabulous crew, we had ample time to snorkel, and we visited an amazing snorkeling spot. It was a morning excursion. We liked that it was unguided, as we could spend as much time as we wanted exploring on our own. The excursion we took was specifically Catamaran Scenic Sail and Swim in the Bonaire Marine Park - BO44.