NCL Air Program

puli

Could someone please explain to me the air program used by NCL? We have cruised since the 70's on many different lines and try to take advantage of the air programs associated with each line. Some like, Princess and HAL are easy to use and financially better than booking air on your own.

NCL's program seems a mystery to me...first of all we are serviced by a feeder airport (MFR) seemingly unknown to NCL (yet are included in the other cruise air programs). so usually I cannot get any assistance even if asking about flights from the nearest large airport (PDX). And I cannot find a good web site to research flights myself...is this not available to NCL passengers?

Is there a way to gain entry I do not know? or a magic word? We are platinum members and would like to make use of all the support systems NCL offers.

There are some discussions about NCL arranged flights under threads discussing “voyages of distinction.” We ended up booking our own flight to have greater control. Bottom line ... it is a lot of trust in NCL to save a few hundred dollars. We prefer to fly directly from the US into embarkation cities rather than use connecting flights ... we pay more, but reduce travel time, which is a higher priority to us.

we also would love to take direct flights to embarkation ports but we can only do that to Seattle and LAX..plus unless we use a cruise line air program there is no way we can book early and still take advantage if fares drop. NCL on their web site, refers to their air program but it must be a joke...sad since it is one of the bigger cruise companies and could get great deals if that was a priority.

I don’t see any benefit to having NCL book your air. You would almost always do better schedule wise and price wise booking yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moby is right, there are very few positive reviews of NCL air. Do you own thing, save money and get the times/flights that work for you.

I have to say that we took a chance and let NCL handle our flights on our April 8th Panama Canal trip from Los Angeles to Miami. We had the Distinctive Voyage Promo and also the Free at Sea Promo. We were willing to take a chance and for us it turned out well. We flew in a day early as always to make sure there would be no chance of missing the ship. They booked us on United direct from Cleveland to Los Angeles and From Miami they booked us on American Airlines direct to Cleveland at the end of our trip. With the $200 ea that they credited our account our flights cost us $400/ea. I couldn't have booked it that cheap. So I know they could have put us on flights with connections but we just happened to luck out. So I might be one of the few positive reviews on this but it worked out well for us. Best wishes on your travel plans.

in other cruise programs the best benefit is.... you can reserve your flights (even pick them out yourself) at the same time you put your cruise deposit down (if the flights have opened by then,...if not get them as soon as they do open)...even pick your seats but you don't pay a penny until final payment date for the cruise. That way if you have to cancel your cruise before final payment the flights are cancelled as well and you are out no money.

A win- win situation with flights held without putting any money down for them until you are ready to pay for your cruise...and in some plans the cruise cancellation policy also covers the flights so no additional insurance is needed for the flights.

I do not understand why NCL does not get on this lucrative bandwagon ...the airlines I am sure give a good kick back to such a prolific enterprise as the cruise industry.....most passengers fly!

Just spoke to NCL Premium Air dept. they acknowledged that their Air Program is a work in progress and hope by the end of the year to be able to offer a service similar to HAL and Princess...with special fares and special flights to and from their cruise ports. Until then for a fee they will help up grade flights .