Just returned from Legend--hints and open to questions!!

I also have to highly reccomend Los Cinco Soles. We never miss this in Cozumel and also Panchos Backyard for great Mexican food is in back of the store. We used to go to Chankanub Park, but found Paradise beach on our trip in March and will return there on our cruise on 1/28. At Paradise Beach for a $5 fee you can use the Kayaks, water Trampoline, an iceburg you climb on in the water, like a rock wall, and slide down the other side (many teens were on this). You can also rent jet skis and parasailing here as well as get great massages on the beach. They had two people working on me at once for $1/min. Awesome. The food is great here as well and they have changing rooms. Say hi to Tom, the owner!

I'm heading to Belize and Costa Maya for the first time and plan on doing cave tubing and Zip line with X-treme through belizecruiseexcursions.com and going to Mahahual in Costa Maya for a Beach day. I don't get off the ship anymore in Cayman, but I always loved 7-mile beach. Hope htis helps someone!

Tanya

NCmom -

Would you happen to have the daily cruise compasses from your cruise that you could scan me or mail me a copy of each of them? Id be willing to even mail you the stamps in the mail for sending copies.

Thanks in advance!

Marissa

We were also on the 12/24 Legend. Disappointed to miss Cayman due to weather and bad luck with teen program (see below ) but otherwise a good experience.

Noni - the only theme night I heard mentioned was Caribbean night and for dinner one night the theme was italian.

Royal Traveler - For the 22yo I would think he'd enjoy the rock wall, BINGO, and the games at night (Quest, love/marriage, etc.). We aren't dancers/partiers so I can't comment on lounges,etc.

I wish we had played the jackpot bingo ($8400). We won a game early in the week so I figured our chances were low, but a multiple winner took home all the cash!

Did do - rock climbed 3-4 times (why not, it's free!), played bingo (Phil is very funny), booked private excursions through shoretrips.com...only had 10-12 people on our tours.

Entertainment -We skipped most of the singing/dance shows although "Spectrum" (motown group) was very good. Also enjoyed the comedian and I found the gymnast (Lance Ringnald) entertaining. Also had a piano player which we skipped when we saw people leaving right away.

Excursions - We were very bummed to miss out on a catamaran/stingray city tour due to bad weather, but we enjoyed cave tubing in belize and a very wild dune buggy ride to a private beach in Cozumel. Both were booked through shoretrips.com and had small, personalized service. We were able to take my 10 yo cave tubing this way, when the boat required them to be 12. Dune buggies were my kids favorite excursion. Cave tubing was fun (especially jumping off a 8-10ft. cliff) but the water was a bit chilly. In Costa Maya we took a taxi to Majahual and spent the day at El Faro bar/restaurant then hired someone on beach ($10/pp) for a one hour snorkeling trip...not great fish but OK for $10.

Cruisin Babe - Yes, ITS was on the ship...generally in Anchors Aweigh lounge. Very energetic from the small bits I caught. The pool duo was quite good also.

gmc2457 - re: kids programs. We had a just turned 10yo and just turned 13yo with us. The 10yo was in the 9-11 yo group and loved it...especially theme nights (survivor, space, carnival) and gaga ball! Went to most activities except movie night. Generally 20 kids or so participating. Unfortunately the 13yo did not fare so well. Over 200 teens on board yet only 1-4 kids would show for most activities (Who wants to be millionaire, tribond, survivor night, etc.). He was very frustrated. Main problem was lack of promotion and lack of one meeting place (share space with the 9-11 yos). Most teens appeared to do their own thing or never came back when one activity failed. I know the 6-8yo group participated in carnival night and did a very cute pirate night parade one night. Lots of tag games, ball games, olympics, etc. for the middle groups (6-11) I believe. Also do science experiments like volcanos for 9-11 group. Younger group might do more art stuff. Your 8 yo could probably go either direction depending on maturity level. There was a girl in a wheelchair in my son's group whom they accomodated very well, so the diabetic thing hopefully won't be an issue if that was you that had a diabetic child. If you could keep the supplies in a dry bag (for rent if you don't have one), the cave tubing might work.

Archived