La Palapa Beach

nickatpsu

Heya everyone! I hate for my first post to be a question, but I've scoured the forum - to no avail.

Does anyone have any info on "La Palapa Beach"?

RCI runs an excursion there, but I haven't heard a word about the place. Don't know where, what, or how it is. :confused:

I'm looking to check out some "off the beaten path" beaches besides Majahual and Uvero, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

- Nick

Explorer of the Seas - 1/29/05

RCI's "Dune Buggy Jungle & Beach Safari" excursion in Costa Maya goes to La Palama Beach:

http://shorex.rccl.com/RC/AvailList.asp?pmode=Browse&ShoreXSessionID=AAEF48E725CE4AB0B3BBEAE26FB5C631&pagreement=&pdest=CARIB&pdestname=Caribbean&pship=+&pvoyage=Sun+Jan+1+23%3A52%3A41+EST+2006&plksessionid=9087E9A70A&pcur=USD&preflang=ENG&pport=CM+&pportname=Costa+Maya%2C+Mexico&peventdate=Sun+Jan+1+23%3A52%3A37+EST+2006&pshorexid=6322&pshorexdescid=23765&pshorextitle=Dune+Buggy+Jungle+%26+Beach+Safari&padultamt=84&pchildamt=84&plocationtype=null

If the link doesn't work, just navigate from RCI's homepage>>Before You Board>>Shore & Land Excursions.

My wife and I are cruising with friends in Feb. Our friends are paying through the nose for this excursion (most likely for the dune buggy portion). I'd like to show up in a cab/rental car and kick back on the beach with them.

Do I have an official stumper? :eek:

- Nick

My family did the dune buggy trip to La Palapa Beach in December from the Jewel. The kids (18 & 13) loved the dune buggy, especially the 18 y/o who drove it. The beach is fairly remote & will likely be populated by just be the people on your tour or perhaps on another tour for a bit of overlapping time. I think others left about 15 minutes after we arrived. The beach is pretty, typical Caribbean, but not any nicer than the beach in Majahual really. There are no lounge chairs, just chairs & tables. There is a large covered pavilion where sodas, chips & cheese are served. There was a small craft display. There was an outdoor shower, but the water was quite chilly. I think there were restrooms, but we didn't use them so I am not entirely sure. Would I take this excursion just to get to this beach? No - I am completely happy with the beach at Majahual. Was this a fun excursion? Yes, I would do it again with the kids if they wanted to, but if just DH & me, I would pass. Hope this helps a bit.

Archived