Planning help

Cstone65

Hi, my family of 4 ( 2 teens) will be in Bermuda in July on the Anthem and I would love some advice on what to do with our 1.5 days. We like to snorkel, boat, sightsee, shop and eat. We definitely enjoy the beach but not crowds and heat, so it won't be a long beach day for us. Thank you for any advice!

Last year we had a group of 4 adults and we went to Somerset Bridge Watersports (not an excursion through RC) based on a recommendation from our cab driver. If you want you can read my tripadvisor review here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g562685-d152813-r483212232-Somerset_Bridge_Watersports-Sandys_Parish_Bermuda.html

One day we took a small 4-person boat and cruised around somerset, where we could snorkel, feed fish, anchor up to beaches as we wanted for the afternoon. The next day we came back for jetski's which was also fun! In somerset I definitely recommend Woodys, their wahoo fish sandwich was excellent!

Thank you! That sounds like a lot of fun. Always kind of hesitant to swim/snorkel without other people around. Is it not like that? Can you just pull up and go sightsee and hop back on?

Last year we had a group of 4 adults and we went to Somerset Bridge Watersports (not an excursion through RC) based on a recommendation from our cab driver. If you want you can read my tripadvisor review here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g562685-d152813-r483212232-Somerset_Bridge_Watersports-Sandys_Parish_Bermuda.html

One day we took a small 4-person boat and cruised around somerset, where we could snorkel, feed fish, anchor up to beaches as we wanted for the afternoon. The next day we came back for jetski's which was also fun! In somerset I definitely recommend Woodys, their wahoo fish sandwich was excellent!

You got to see the AC boats up close?!? Nice!!

HAL Oosterdam 2013

NCL Dawn 2016

HAL niew Amsterdam 2017

NCL Escape 2018

Thank you! That sounds like a lot of fun. Always kind of hesitant to swim/snorkel without other people around. Is it not like that? Can you just pull up and go sightsee and hop back on?

When we took the boat, yes. We got a quick 15 minute overview of the boundaries of where we were allowed to go, since we only rented for 4 hours (which to us was plenty, i think we came in 30 min early). But we just cruised around, stopped at the HMS vixen and snorkeled, stopped at a beach that was tied with a resort with no one on it but us, to relax for a bit, then stopped at some small natural islands that dotted Somerset to snorkel, and then went up to Kings Wharf right near our ship, Anthem of the Seas, it looked even bigger somehow from our tiny boat. But it was our 4 hours to do what we wanted.

The jet ski day was more of a guided tour with one of the people that worked at the shop.

You got to see the AC boats up close?!? Nice!!

Yeah it was very cool! If I remember correctly our guide said it was France's ship out on the water with their two trail boats, and man were they flying through the water. We had to stay a few hundred yards from them but still close enough it was quite exciting. There was another ship further out on the Great Sound but we couldn’t make out which country it was from.