How much time needed for the dolphin swim in Nassau

We will be in Nassau from 1 to 7 in May. The Dolphin Encounter is offered as an excursion but I would really like to do the Dolphin Swim. I know the afternoon times are 1:30 and 3:30 for when the ferry leaves. For the encounter excursion, the time listed is 3:00(Thinking this when your suppose to be there for the ride?). If we took that ferry would there be enough time to get back? I know it takes 30 minutes to get there and 30 minutes to get back. How long are you at the island? When does the ferry make the return trip? 30 minutes there and back, 30 minutes swimming and 30 minutes learning about them is only 2 hours(Guessing on this). Why is it listed for 3 and half hours? That has it done at 6:30 which could be pushing getting back 30 minutes before ship leaves.

no matter what the excursion says and the ship leaving time says..the one HUGE advantage to booking an excursion on board is that the ship will not leave you if the excursion is running behind...

If the excursion was getting in the way of the ship's timetable, it would either not be offered as an excursion, or it would be cancelled when you got on the ship and you would recieve a refund of your payment

Unless it changed they only have 2 dolphins so everyone has to take turns with them so it takes longer than you think. Plus they have a photo and giftshop were they want you to buy the pictures they take of you and a little food shack were you can buy hot dogs,chips ect. So in other words they want you to stay on the island alittle longer to spend more money. But thats ok. It's a pretty little island. And don't worry they will have you back in time.

If it were the dolphin encountered I wouldn't really be worried but being the swim and booking on your own there is some concern. Just wanted to confirm that encounter and swim takes the same amount of time as a whole. Going to call TA tomorrow so she can find out and give me a yes or no.

Archived