Spirit: Teen Club

dongordon

we brought my daughter who is 12 and her friend who is 13 , they absolutely will not let them be in the same group.so they opted out of the kids club.

the teen group had really great things planned , but as my daughter wasnt in it i am not sure , i did see them around the ship and it seemed to be a lot of hanging out in the "teen club"

it also depends so much on how many other kids are on the ship , on our sailing , the week before x ams there were maybe 5 kids in the teen club, if there are more kids in the summer it would be more organized i am sure . but the events planned looked great, really fun.

also as of when we wen t the arcade was mostly free since they were out of tokens , if that is still the case , most of the kids will be in the arcade for sure.

I was on the Spirit for its 2005 Christmas cruise and I only have good things to say about the teen program. Spirit was my tenth cruise which means I have gone through many teen programs and counselors, I feel this one is one of the best. If your kids want to go to the program make sure they go the first night at which the counselors have a game set up (much like speed dating) where you can meet and talk to everyone! throughout the cruise there are activites planned most of them are fun, but if no one wants to do it they usually end up just putting on music. The counselors (Chris and Carrie) for the teen program on this ship where outstanding you could talk to them almost about anything! The teens on this cruise where on the little more crazier side, but it didn't seem to bother them to much. Overall great cruise and great ship! happy sailing....

Thank you for the information on the Teen Club on the Spirit.

I will e-mail this thread to my daughter.

She was very disappointed on the last Dawn cruise we were on when she wasn't allowed to move up to the teen club although she was only a few months away from her 13th birthday.

Don

cruisegirl17 - I'm glad to hear a review from someone in your age group on the teen club. It's one thing for a parent to tell us their child had a great time, and quite another to hear it from some one who was there.

What do the children who don't sign up for the programs do??? My DD will be 12 on our Spirit cruise and her friends will be 13 - can they find things to do together???

There are tons of things to do on a cruise if you don't go to the teen program... all the things are listed in the freestlye daily once you get aboard. The thing is that not all of it appeals to the teenage crowd. Thats why I strongly suggest that they go to the teen program the first night just to meet some people, and then it becomes a little more easier to find things to do. Oh! I almost forgot, I'm not sure if you heard about the arcade being mostly free, but its great! Thats another thing to do if you get bored.

Archived