IAM card

Jjarlath115

We bought it for 2 days and thought it was worth it. We took trams all over the city, got an included canal boat tour, were able to jump the line at the Van Gogh museum, and were able to visit Rembrandt's house.

Just a heads up you can use your I Amsterdam card to purchase tickets to the Van Gogh museum. I purchased my Van Gogh tickets for July a few months ago with the I Amsterdam Card.

I just paid the crazy shipping to have it sent to my house. I am on vacation and didn't want to have hunt around for a place that sold I Amsterdam Cards.

We bought our cards from the concierge at the hotel (Movenpick) after we checked in for our post-cruise stay. No hassle at all.

I asked movenpick if they sell it and they said no. In addition Viking is changing

us at a different hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We bought it for 2 days and thought it was worth it. We took trams all over the city, got an included canal boat tour, were able to jump the line at the Van Gogh museum, and were able to visit Rembrandt's house.

When it says 24/ 48 hours is that from the purchase time?

12 pm to 12 pm??

When it says 24/ 48 hours is that from the purchase time?

12 pm to 12 pm??

From the I Amsterdam website, How does the City Card work?:

"The museums element of your card is automatically activated the first time you visit a museum or attraction. The public transport element is automatically activated the first time you use a tram, bus or metro in Amsterdam. The card is valid until the end of the year. Once activated, each element remains valid for 24, 48, 72 or 96 hours, depending on your card."

We ordered the 48 hour cards online, to be picked up "on arrival" at either the airport or the Central Station. Our plane isn't scheduled to arrive until 1:00 pm, so it will be late in the day when we activate them, and we'll be on the ship before they expire.

Edited by CarolynFH
Add more information.