Seaside Balcony Cabins to Avoid?

BethV114

We are looking at booking the Seaside for next spring. The pricing on Bella and Fantastica cabins looks quite good. I am leaning toward Fantastica over Bella, with a price difference of about $90 per person for the week. Are there any cabins in the Fantastica category on Seaside that I should look to avoid? I see from the deck plans that a few have combo metal/glass balconies, so will stay away from them. But would love to know if there are any others I should skip, or whether there are any that I should try to get if available.

Thank you!

We are looking at booking the Seaside for next spring. The pricing on Bella and Fantastica cabins looks quite good. I am leaning toward Fantastica over Bella, with a price difference of about $90 per person for the week. Are there any cabins in the Fantastica category on Seaside that I should look to avoid? I see from the deck plans that a few have combo metal/glass balconies, so will stay away from them. But would love to know if there are any others I should skip, or whether there are any that I should try to get if available.

Thank you!

I would avoids cabins like 10064; 10066; 10067; 10069 and any other cabins in that same vertical column through the decks eg 11062 ;11066; 11067; 11071; as you will be over looked on your balcony by the two cabins on the bump out wall. and the corresponding cabins on the back wall of the bump out 10216; 10218; 10223; 10225

I'd also be wary of most of the cabins on the rear section of deck15 as there are large overhangs. unless you prefer a shady balcony,

Pete

I would avoids cabins like 10064; 10066; 10067; 10069 and any other cabins in that same vertical column through the decks eg 11062 ;11066; 11067; 11071; as you will be over looked on your balcony by the two cabins on the bump out wall. and the corresponding cabins on the back wall of the bump out 10216; 10218; 10223; 10225

I'd also be wary of most of the cabins on the rear section of deck15 as there are large overhangs. unless you prefer a shady balcony,

Pete

Pete - Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly! One last question, I'm looking at the available cabins and some have a triangle symbol, indicating a sofa bed, while some have a diamond, indicating a double sofa bed. Our daughter, who will be 9, will be sailing with us. Do you happen to know what the difference is between a standard sofa bed and a double sofa bed?

Pete - Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly! One last question, I'm looking at the available cabins and some have a triangle symbol, indicating a sofa bed, while some have a diamond, indicating a double sofa bed. Our daughter, who will be 9, will be sailing with us. Do you happen to know what the difference is between a standard sofa bed and a double sofa bed?

sorry I don't know the answer to that

One last question, I'm looking at the available cabins and some have a triangle symbol, indicating a sofa bed, while some have a diamond, indicating a double sofa bed. Our daughter, who will be 9, will be sailing with us. Do you happen to know what the difference is between a standard sofa bed and a double sofa bed?

While I'm not 100% sure- I think that a standard sofa bed is an oversized chair that opens out into a bed and a double sofa bed is a couch that opens into a bed much like a sofa bed couch you might have in your home. IIRC, Jim Zimmerlin made a YouTube video of his suite with whirlpool tub and it showed the sofa bed chair

Find the video here, and you will see what I mean at around 5:15